SEVENTEEN

Winning the first round and advancing to the next had been a great move on Akano Yumi's part to showcase her worthiness of transferring to the hero department. Even as she roamed the interior of the first year stadium, she could still vividly remember the words of awe Pro Heroes and students alike had muttered when she easily knocked her opponent unconscious, and she hoped that she had made her parents proud as they watched her match.

Treading lightly across the long corridor, the redhead directed her path towards the nearest vending machine to get something to drink. Since she'd felt parched and in desperate need to replenish her energy after her one-on-one battle, although it wasn't as taxing as the cavalry battle where she'd sweated her ass off due to the combination of running, planning, and overusing her telepathy.

Of course Yumi wasn't naive as to think the rest of her upcoming matches would be as undemanding as this one. She was well aware of the presence of other kids who possessed vast capabilities and had a surprisingly good grasp on their applications for their age. One of whom refused to leave her mind, and it was none other than Todoroki Shouto.

Yumi couldn't forget when she watched his match just before starting her. It was on the TV within the waiting room, but all the same memorable. People had been too shocked to cheer for the winner, and seeing it was hardly the right response for his opponent's dignity, one of the Pro Heroes who felt bad for Sero Hanta started to shout an encouragement for him. 'DON'T MIND!' And immediately, more followed. As Todoroki walked up to Sero to thaw the ice that he had created, Akano wasn't able to see the expression on his face from the angle the cameras filmed him, but without looking, she could tell how sorrowful he truly was.

Ever since then, her brain had worked tirelessly to attempt to figure out what she could do to help, since she knew exactly what went on inside his head after she'd accidentally barged inside his head during the lunch break.

'All I could do for him at this point is look at him from a far.' She had told herself, and just like that, all thoughts of him had came to a halt before she'd went on with her match against Aoyama.

But all of that went out the window when she saw him off all people standing in front of the vending machine, grabbing a bottle of water for himself.

Akano's eyes slightly widened, an action that portrayed her surprise of seeing him of all people at the given moment. When he turned to her and his gaze met with hers, Todoroki's face looked neutral, and if he were taken aback to see her, he didn't show it.

"You know we should really stop bumping into each other like this." Yumi bemusedly hummed to herself, choosing to casually converse with the dual haired boy as she walked closer to him, eventually stopping by the machine and browsing for a drink herself.

Todoroki was grimly quiet, his eyes were stuck on her, it was as if he was trying to scan and analyze every moves she made, and she sensed it, adding to her discomfort.

"Congratulations on advancing to the second round." She spoke again, trying to break the ice of the conversation that was much similar to his right side.

Without even sparing her a polite 'thank you', Shouto narrowed his eyes at her before speaking. "You're the girl from Midoriya's team..." He began, referring to her as that not because he didn't know her by name, but to establish that he didn't forget that she was on the team opposing to his in the cavalry battle. 'The one who stole my headband...'

"Yes." Yumi replied, and she realized that this was the first actual conversation the two of them had. When they had bumped into each other before, there was nothing more than a few lingering gazes and a brief exchange of words that bared no context between them.