TWENTY THREE

The school was eerily quiet in comparison to its normal state, what with the students missing from its large halls and rooms due to the two-day post-festival vacation.

However, with U.A. High being so prestigious, almost half of the staff was up and about, and Yumi assumed it was because they were still dealing with the aftermath of the sports festival.

Once she'd arrived, Akano Yumi was instructed to meet with Aizawa Shota, aka Eraserhead, class A's homeroom teacher.

Discombobulated, she entered the staff room and met with the rugged black haired teacher/hero. He then told her to sit down and wait a minute as he delt with a few paperwork.

'His face is so intense... I wonder what he's thinking.' Yumi couldn't help but be curious as to why she'd been summoned to school so abruptly, and so she glimpsed a quick peak into his head as he stared blankly at her.

'I'm sleepy... It's bad enough I got dragged here on my day off.'

'Wow...' A chortle was forcefully pushed down her throat as she prepared to listen to him speak.

"Starting tomorrow, you'll be attending classes with class 1-A." Aizawa announced in that gruff tone of his, taking Yumi by surprise.

Yumi froze vacantly, eyes slightly widening. "What?"

"Is there a problem?"

She quickly shook her head before replying. "No, I'm just taken aback. You're accepting my transfer so soon?" There was a hint of excitement to her voice that wasn't fully masked by her confusion.

Aizawa rubbed the underside of one eye. There was a deep crescent scar below his right eye; the aftermath from Nomu's attack. He was relieved to be out or his bandages so soon, thanks to Recovery Girl.

He shrugged before speaking in a matter of fact. "There's nothing to be surprised about, you placed second in in the sports festival after all. Who knows, if you had proper training and had a good grasp over your quirk, you might have came in first."

Stuck at a weird stalemate, nobody said anything.

Eraserhead's eyes were drawn tightly together in concentration, and Akano knew that he was watching and analyzing her facial expression, as stoic as they were at the moment.

'The school board already made up their minds. Besides, there's that bothersome petition still going around...'

It was unprecedented for a non-heroics student to end up in the top three of the famous U.A. Sports festival. There was even this rising online petition demanding Akano Yumi's transfer, which was quickly growing viral over the span of a couple of days. Heck, it had gotten to the point where people were questioning U.A.'s authority and judgment.

Aizawa couldn't disagree with the fact that this Akano deserved to be in the heroics department. The girl was more powerful than she was letting on. She even gave that Bakugou a hard time during their final battle.

'However-'

"What I want to know is why you didn't apply from the beginning." His voice cut through the short silence.

"Eh?"

"You aced the written entrance exam. And from your performance in the sports festival, you're more than capable. So why?" He questioned, watching as the younger girl hesitantly met with his gaze. Her eyes draped half-closed as she let her lips press lightly together. "Why do you need to know?"

Aizawa shrugged, but it wasn't that of nonchalance, and at that moment, she realized; it wasn't a random question. Any inadequate answer on her part would probably mean that this opportunity would be taken away, and she definitely didn't want that. And it suddenly made sense why she was brought here instead of being notified over the phone.