THIRTY

This adorable drawing of Tamaki wearing the paper bag over his head during his first meeting with Akano is made by a dear friend of mine! Thank you, Yui-chan! 🥺🥰🥰

Ps. Sorry for this again, but important author's note at the end 🤣

~

It was a refreshing, cozy, yet lonesome summer night.

Akano stared at the big, brown door before them, while Shouto's shoulders tensed. The door was large, built to withstand the full height of Endeavor; a man of almost two meters tall.

The crickets chirped quietly as always in the otherwise empty street, and Shouto continued to stare at the brown tone of the door, illuminated softly by the porch light.

Fatigue. That was the first thing that the dual-haired boy felt when he reached the door to his house. He closed his eyes, sighing, both relishing in the comfort of his own house while simultaneously resenting the emptiness in the cold hallway.

It was their last day of training and Yumi was to practice straining her telekinesis with the other sidekicks for an hour before she could retire for the night. And Shouto still had a hard time keeping up with his father's instructions regarding the manipulation of his flames.

"I'm kinda craving something other than agency food for tonight." The redhead mindlessly mumbled, pondering on where to grab something to eat before finally heading on home. Though she was excited to see her parents after being away for so long, she couldn't possibly go back home hungry or she was sure they'd throw a worried fit.

Truthfully, the food prepared by the agency was sort of bland, but it covered every nutritional need a training hero would need. Somehow even the agency's cafeteria screamed efficiency. But Yumi wouldn't have one more meal here if she didn't have to.

Though she was not expecting Shouto's abrupt words of offering. "If you like, you can have dinner in my house." He'd said, surprise blinking in his features at hearing his own voice, but he'd meant it nonetheless.

Yumi stared at the boy in awe at the offer, before solemnly frowning. "Are you sure?" She questioned, uncertain if it was alright with the teen or his other family members to take him up on the offer.

Slowly, but surely, Shouto nodded in confirmation, "Yes, but... I'm not sure if Nee-san will be home by then."

Yumi gazed at him a for a bit before she spoke up in a sheepish drawl, "I don't mind cooking."

And that's what led up to the current situation.

"I'm home." Shouto called out, despite knowing his older sister was still not home. Watching as he removed his shoes by the rest and shuffled for the slippers, Yumi copied his actions. She then proceeded to set down her luggage by the corner, and let her eyes wander around the traditional Japanese décor of Shouto's home.

"Sorry for the intrusion." Yumi's voice cut through the air, wavering gently.

Shouto gave a light shake of his head. "I told you, it's fine."

"You have a lovely home. If I'd known I would've been nicer to you." She joked in awe, almost twirling around to get every angle and sight of the enchanting Todoroki household.

"How so?" Todoroki's brows knitted closely together as he tilted his head, with the joke apparently going over his head.

She shrugged, the corners of her lips raising a bit. "Nevermind."