TWENTY ONE

If a man has a conscience, he will suffer for his mistake. That will be his punishment as well as his prison.

-Crime&Punishment

~

"Todoroki-kun is out of bounds! Which means, Bakugou advances to the final round!" Midnight's dominant voice broke through the sea of gasps that left the audiences as a result of her sedating the young boy with her Quirk.

"Ka-kacchan is your next opponent, huh, Akano-san?" Midoriya gave a short stutter to the seated red haired girl, his deep green irises were practically shaking from the hesitancy of his inquiry.

One look at the unconscious ash blonde on stage who was hypnotized by Midnight after the abrupt end of his match was enough for them to feel a great sense of uneasiness. And it was for a good reason; Bakugou was now technically viewed to be the best of class-A, even if he didn't accept it this way.

"Yu-chan?"

Any other person might have felt intimidated in knowing that Bakugou was to fight them next, especially after his heightened outburst towards Todoroki at the end of their match, but Yumi found herself smiling a bit once she glanced down at the reporters and the constantly flashing cameras, knowing that her parents were watching on the other side of their television.

Yumi pushed all the mixed emotions she'd felt during the fight that Todoroki ended up giving up on, knowing all too well how the internal struggle within him was not as easily solved as he thought. Shouto had needed time to adjust to the power that he had cursed and refused for his whole life before he could truly accept it and utilize it as his own person. And that was something Yumi knew from experience.

'I promised to make my parents proud, so come at me, Bakugou.'

***

"Sorry for the wait, but it's finally the last battle of the U.A. High School sports festival! The top of the first years will be decided with this one match! The final, so to speak!"

The winds paused momentarily as if the wind itself was watching with a held breath along with everyone across Japan.

"Ladies and gentlemen, here comes our next two competitors! ARE YOU READY?!"

Epic crimson flames were automatically lit from the torches the moment Bakugou and Akano stepped onto the tournament stage simultaneously.

Yumi was standing on the stage where Bakugou stood on the other side. His expression was that of a battle-hungry wolf; the slight twitch of his hands only indicated his readiness for this battle. However, she didn't back down either and displayed a calm and calculating look.

"From the hero course, Bakugou Katsuki! Versus- From the general course, Akano Yumi! Who would have thought of this development?!"

The giant crowd was once again hyped up by the Voice hero as they anticipated the two competitors' appearance. The picture of Akano and Bakugou flashed before the big screen and numerous chatters interweaved in on the cheers.

"This year's first years are all amazing!"

"Yeah, that explosion boy's Quirk is so strong, it's no wonder he made it this far!"

"The girl, too! I underestimated her, but her Quirk is really powerful!"

"I thought she was all just looks at the beginning, but I think she may win this thing!"