TWENTY

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well!

This wonderfully drawn scene of Akano talking to Todoroki is done by the awesome Kureha-chan! 😍 Words can't describe how grateful I am for this goodness! 😭❤️

Enjoy the chapter!

~

It was safe to say that none of the spectators expected of Yumi to emerge victorious from her second battle.

Most people had thought she would have easily lost against the all rounder that was Tokoyami Fumikage, but the redhead completely shattered their expectations as she advanced to the semi finals. She, a general ed student who hadn't drawn that much attention to herself in the sea of heroes in the making, up until the tournaments was now the talk of the stadium.

And Yumi figured that the whole of class A thought so, too, with how they greeted her when she returned to their section.

"Akano-san," They all looked her over. There weren't any major scratches on her and she didn't look hurt at all.

"Ne, ne, what?! What was that just now?!" Ashido, still grasping onto the adrenaline from watching the redhead's match, described in fascinated awe how amazing it was that she was able to maneuverer out of Dark Shadow's swift attacks with her own impressive power.

It was different this time around from when she beat Aoyama because Tokoyami was acknowledged to be one of the strongest in his class, while Aoyama ranked just below the middle.

"That was so amazing, Yu-chan!" Ochako gushed with a bright beaming grin, as well, watching the strings of congratulations being released from her classmates.

"That was a pretty heated fight, it made my blood boil just from watching it!" Kirishima said, flashing his razor-sharp teeth at her in a grin and raising up a 'manly' fist in remark. His enthusiasm, however, was also lined with a thin sheet of veiled anxiety deep down since he knew that he was up against her in the semifinals.

"Congratulations, Akano-san." Yaoyorozu said with a wavering taint to her voice, pursing her lips once she finished speaking. Watching the girl from the general department known as Akano Yumi defeat the opponent she struggled to a pathetic extent with, only added to her feelings of inadequacy. She, a recommended student should have shown her worth during this event, but she failed everyone including herself.

"That was an outstanding performance."

Caught by surprise at the foreign class's words of encouragement, Yumi could only humbly nod her at them as she muttered an assertive, "Thank you."

She said nothing further because seeing that with Tokoyami following behind her, any bragging of her victory would be zealous.

"You were a formidable opponent." Said the raven-headed male with a polite tone, gracefully having come to terms with his defeat.

With a small smile, Akano replied. "Likewise."

Once the two began to make their ways to their seats, a chatter commenced amongst the class A students.

"Still, I really thought Tokoyami would win." Sero said louder than he intended to, and he was sure that Akano was close enough to hear him.
"Not me." Kaminari shook his head boisterously, imagining that sparkles were radiating off of his as he attempted to charm the red-haired girl with a lie. "Tokoyami may seem invincible, but I knew you'd win all along, Akano-chan!"

"Your pants are catching on fire, Kaminari-chan." Tsuyu bluntly said, coolly pointing out that the blonde was lying and that he even went at far as saying he would 'comfort' the redhead after she'd lose.