THIRTY SEVEN

This fantastic drawing of Akano x Bakugou was blessed upon us by my dear friend, Kureha-chan! 😍 I'm truly grateful for her contribution, so thank youu! 🥺

~

"The fuck you doing here?" Bakugou's gravelly voice echoed throughout the empty hallway near the nurse's office.

At the grumpy greeting, Yumi playfully rolled her eyes that laid on the excessively bandaged boy. "Well, hello to you, too."

Earlier, Akano had made it back to the monitor room just in time to catch the last stretch of Midoriya, Sato and Bakugou's exam with All Might. Ochako was already in the room at the time, having successfully passed her exam, as well. The brunette's been looking intensely at the screens with apprehension and fear for the three students. And Yumi found it understandable, since the Pro Hero had obviously overpowered them to the point that it was near impossible to pass if he was going all out. And by the terrible states that participants were in, it was certain that the hero was incredibly serious.

Upon noting that Bakugou's aggressive stare wasn't fading any time soon, the ESP-Quirk wielder sighed. "Ochako wanted to check up on Midoriya so I came along." She said.

Uraraka's concern was indeed warranted, since in the process of running towards the escape gate, All Might had caught up to Midoriya and landed a blow to his back with a crack that even the soundless monitors could convey.

In response, Katsuki expressed his irritation with a simple, "Tch."

"How are you feeling?" She asked, forehead wrinkling in concern.

Throughout the entire fight, the ash blonde had been aiming to attack the Pro hero with no holds barred. The force of his explosions was the same as the one he used during the sports festival against her to blow away the cement debris, however this time he was very visibly in pain throughout the majority of the fight.

"That's none of your business, Tomato." He hissed, but his tone lacked bite, somehow softer than usual.

She shrugged, smiling nonetheless. "Is that so? Well, anywho, congratulations on passing."

Considering their rivalry, Bakugou and Deku's team faired pretty well against All Might, although Sato wasn't able to help out much since he got knocked out by the Number One Hero from the very beginning. "I watched your fight." Yumi stated, looking out the window.

Vermilion eyes darted between her and the semi-open window. "And?" Katsuki grumbled.

During the exam, Bakugou tried to take on All Might by himself so that Midoriya could escape, just like her and Kirishima's method. Blasting one large explosion after another, obscured the screens with black smoke. He truly was reckless for an exam... But Yumi came to admire his tenacious nature.

People who let common sense dictate their actions place a wall between themselves and Pro Heroes. They come to believe that the Pros are special, and that there's no way they can beat them. But the hedgehog of a boy didn't see any walls. All he saw was distance.

"You were cool. Really awesome, Bakugou." She commended, brushing a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"Katsuki." He sternly said all of a sudden, cheeks and ears flushed pink, his eyes glued to the belt he was "re-adjusting" to avoid facing her.

With an owlish blink, she shifted her gaze onto him. "What?"

"Did I stutter, you damn tomato?!" Bakugou seethed between clenched teeth. "Just call me by name like you do with half-and-half!"