EIGHTEEN-PART II

"Todoroki-kun advances to the next round!"

Murmurs sounded as the first match of the second round ended abruptly with Cementoss' interference. Nonetheless, the force of the clash of two powers hitting the giant cement wall ultimately caused Midoriya to be thrown out of bounds, thus declaring Todoroki to be the winner. While the former was wheeled to Recovery Girl, Todoroki walked away with his eyes void of emotion and his mind spinning.

"We should go check on Deku-kun!" Uraraka urged as she shot up from her seat after Present Mic announced a short break while Cementoss fixed up the stadium. "He looked really beaten up!" As she started walking out the seating area, Iida, Tsuyu and even Mineta began following suit.

'More like he beat himself up...' Yumi thought to herself, a droplet of sweat traveling down her cheek at the boy's admirable tenacious, yet completely reckless attempts. She'd also gotten up from her seat, seemingly about to follow Midoriya's worried friends to check up on him, but then she abruptly halted in her step near the tunnel. "Tell him I hope he gets better soon."

"Are you ready for your match, Akano-kun?" Iida smiled politely before asking the pensive girl.

"Ah, Yu-chan, sorry." The bespectacled boy's inquiry made Ochako gasp in realization, instantly feeling bad for forgetting about her friends upcoming battle, against the formidable Tokoyami nonetheless. "Your match is after the break, right? I'll be sure to watch it to cheer you on!"

"Thank you." With a gracious nod, Yumi was about to depart from the bunch, only for Mineta to latch on to her. "Then, I shall escort you!"

"What's that now?"

Uraraka brought a surprised hand to cover her gapping mouth. "Ehh?! What about Deku-kun?"

"To hell with that guy-!"

While Mineta was immediately shut up by a slap from Tsuyu's tongue, Uraraka and Iida had went on their way as did Akano. That last blow aside, Midoriya had already sustained repeated abuse on his injured limbs. Even if Recovery Girl can fix anything, it will take a lot longer to heal something so severe.

Though as she made her way to the waiting room she was assigned to, she decided to clear her head in preparation for her second battle, because she was sure it would be a tough one.

***

"'You're in my way,'" Endeavor stood in the middle of the tunnel with a proud smirk on his face. "You're not going to say that this time around?"

The hero was met with silence from his son once again, but he was not deterred after that spectacular display of power. Instead, he glanced at Todoroki's torn shirt that was destroyed from the magnificent fire that erupted from hid left side.

"You need to control your left side... You're just letting it all out and it's dangerous. But you have abandoned your childish tantrum and finally become a perfect upgrade of me. After you graduate, come work for me. I'll lead you down the path of the mighty!"

"There's no way I can abandon anything." Todoroki softly said as he looked at his left hand. "It's not something that can be so easily reversed. It's just... Back then... For that one moment, I forgot about you." Endeavor's icy blue eyes widened as his son then walked past him. "Whether that is a good thing or bad thing... Whether it's correct or not... I need to think about it."

Crickets could have been heard within the deadly silent waiting room that Todoroki Shouto currently resided in.

"I used it..."

The battle with Midoriya left him with a lot to think about, especially after the rather spirited end of it all, however confusing for him as it was. The bicolor haired boy had found himself walking aimlessly afterwards until he ended right back in the quiet room, rather forgetting that it no longer belonged to him was his second match was over.