TWENTY NINE

Make sure you read the author's note at the end!

Akano arrived at the Hosu General Hospital, having changed back into her school uniform. 

She walked through the long corridor with small steps, and halted once she came to the room her classmates were recovering in.

Forming a fist, she raised her hand and knocked softly on the door, and a quiet "come in," quickly resonated in response.

The door screeched open, and Yumi's forehead wrinkled in concern to see Todoroki alone, lying on one of the hospital beds.

"Akano?" Body shooting up to a sitting position, Shouto breathed out. "What are you doing here?"

"Ouch?" Lips half-parted in amusement, Yumi jested. She walked closer to the injured boy, dragging a chair along to sit beside his bed.

"I came to check on you," She declared. A pleasant flutter erupted in Shouto's chest, one that soon faded once she completed her sentence. "and Midoriya and Iida. Where are they by the way?"

After a short pause, Shouto answered. "... Iida is with the doctor, and Midoriya stepped outside to take a call."

"Ah..." Yumi gave a nod, pursing her lips. "So, how are you holding up?"

"I'm fine, considering the situation." He said. "What about you? What happened with the Nomu you managed to capture?"

"I spent the afternoon at the police station because of it actually." Her reply eliciting a puzzled look on Shouto's face. "I'm hoping they would be able to get further with their investigation because of it."

After finding out what she'd accomplished the night before, Todoroki was nothing short of impressed. "That's a relief." He muttered. A part of him was slightly ashamed, though, since she'd taken down a Nomu all by her self, whilst the three of them struggled as they fought the Hero Killer -obtaining significant injuries in the process.

Midoriya and Iida wouldn't be allowed to return to their internships because of the severity of their injuries. The exception was Todoroki, who was free to go due to recieving relatively light injuries.

"How's the training?" He asked with impatience, mismatched eyes traveling to his own injured forearm and Yumi's gaze followed.

"You didn't miss much." Akano quickly replied. "We spent all morning filling out reports, giving statements, and then went down to the police station."

On his face, Yumi could see a swirl of emotions, in which restlessness shone above all. Losing the amused expression, her green eyes softened in understanding. She dedicated a comforting tone as she said, "Just focus on getting better."

His eyes widened for a second before returning to normal, the corner of his lips almost raising as he nodded.

"Endeavor sends his regards, by the way." Yumi said after a hesitant gulp, knowing full well that she would be treading on unmarked territory.

'To hell with that old man.' Instantly, Shouto's lighthearted expression contorted into a displeased one.

Even though he chose to put the past behind him, it was evident that he still held slight spitefulness towards his father. 'And no one can blame him.' She thought to herself.

An uncomfortable silence draped over the two, though they could hear the sound of doctors and nurses chatting away in the hallways.

Yumi's slender fingers tugged at the hem her skirt, while Shouto's eyes flitted to the undisclosed plastic bag she'd walked in with, now placed by his bedside counter.