TWENTY FOUR

"Pick out code names? Like superhero alter egos?" Said Peter Maximoff with a disbelieving chuckle, his eyes wrinkling with a hint of mockery behind his protective goggles.

As part of of their initial training session, all of the X-men gathered in the Danger Room, standing in a straight line under the command of their trainer, Mystique. However, the latter wasn't amused by Peter's lighthearted derision to the statement she announced just earlier, nor the small giggles he earned from Scott. So she sent the two a quick glare that immediately made them pipe down. Her mouth formed a slight snarl as she began to circle around the five X-men.

"Peter, Scott, Jean..."

Jean held the urge to ask what she's done wrong to be mentioned by name along the two troublemakers, but her dismay faded when Raven also listed off Ororo's and Kurt's names.

"Those are names that were given to you before your mutations manifested. Before you fully became who you were meant to be." Raven said, halting in her steps and immediately receiving looks lingering with puzzlement.

"So we're something else now?" Jean questioned, voice dripping with curiosity and Ororo hummed in agreement with her inquiry.

Mystique was quick to shake her head no. "All I'm saying is that you should choose new ones. To show the better you. Faster. Stronger. And more powerful. To embrace who you truly are."

"Ahh, so nervous!" Uraraka shrieked as she tightly gripped the black marker in her right hand.

Flinching, Yumi's far off gaze immediately traveled to the girl she currently shared a desk with, briefly catching a glimpse of her blank small white board. "What?"

"Suddenly being told to come up with hero names... I mean, I wouldn't even know where to begin." Ochako said with a pout.

It was true. After Yumi was introduced into the class and they settled down, Aizawa announced the need to carefully pick out their code names that they would need for their internships. At the very least, they were under the supervision of Midnight, unlike the scruffy homeroom teacher who immediately opted out of helping.

After a short pause, Yumi spoke. "Well... trying to work with your best defining features is a good place to start, I guess."

"Thanks!"

"Okay, let's start presenting your hero names with those who are ready!" Midnight announced after a few minutes passed. Her words startled a few of the students since they didn't expect they'd have to tell the classmates their hero names, too.

Aoyama was the bravest and the first to offer and raise his hand. Boldly, he walked up to the front of the class, "Here I go..." He then lifted his white board proudly. "'Shining Hero: I can not stop twinkling!' Which means, you can't stop my sparkles!"

'It's a sentence!' All of his classmates blanched.

It was overly dramatic, too long even, but it suited Aoyama, Akano thought. Even though she didn't get the chance to know him very well, during her battle against him in the sports festival, she was fully acquainted with his 'shinning' personality.

Despite the absurdity of it all, Midnight seemed perfectly fine with it and only suggested a few structural changes to make the name shorter. She then motioned for the next person to volunteer and Mina stepped up happily with a skip in her step.

"Hero name, 'Alien Queen'!"

"Are you trying for the thing with acidic blood?" Midnight went to immediately rejected Mina's slightly horrifying name. "I wouldn't if I were you!"