THIRTEEN-PART I

"I'll be taking that now."

Todoroki's team suddenly appeared before them, eyes hungry for the numerous zero figures tied around Midoriya's sweaty forehead. The green haired male gulped rather audibly, and his anxious thoughts were quickly transmitted to Yumi's head.

She had suspected that the dual haired boy, named Todoroki Shouto, would be coming after them, what with him placing second to Midoriya in the first game. But she at least thought they would not have to worry about a confrontation with him until later in the contest. He really seemed to think highly of Midoriya, she pondered.

"Only half the time is left! Don't stop moving." Midoriya loudly spoke, yet again defeating the purpose of their planned telepathic communication. But it was a given since he still didn't get used to it.

"Iida, forward!" Todoroki commanded in his gravelly voice and the front horse quickly complied. "Right!"

"Watch our surroundings. It's not just one group coming for us!"

When Yumi looked around, she bit her lower lip in agitation once she saw what Midoriya meant. Kendo's, Mineta's and even Hagakure's team were advancing towards them in a rush, trying to snatch any points in reach. They really were screwed.

'Midoriya..'

'Yes?'

'This might be a good time to tell you this, but I can't do my trick on more than one person at a time.' Her words and hesitant voice were what drove Midoriya into a panicked frenzy. Yumi could only close her eyes shut once she heard his quivering inner voice echoing into her mind.

'W-what?! You're saying that now?'

After taking a second, Midoriya let out a frustrated sigh, figuring that there was no time for blame or silent ponders. 'I have no choice.' He thought to himself once he saw that they were in reach for all of the five teams already. And he pressed the ignition button to soar into the air once again.

"Deku-kun!" Ochako's eyes widened once they'd flied away from the scowling Todoroki. "I thought fleeing into the air wasn't an option because we can't land properly!"

"Sorry! But this is all we can do for now!"

What her team's rider shouted out made Yumi's heart clench once more. Like the close-call incident with Bakugo, she knew that she could've made things a hell of a lot easier for them if she'd just reached her hand out and took a leap of faith in herself. But her fear of losing control and hurting someone was still holding her back, paralyzing her every move. So she begrudgingly settled for using the other half of her abilities.

Looking down as they unstably flew in the air, Yumi caught the visible sparks igniting from the blonde boy in Todoroki's team, and then suddenly they expanded into fierce bolts of electricity that spread throughout half the arena. Luckily, they were too far away to be affected by the lightning, but the intensity of it made the Jean-Grey-incarnate swallow thickly. And if that wasn't enough, Todoroki used that moment of the other team's immobilization to freeze them all into place.

"What? What'd he do? Todoroki took care of that crowd of teams in an instant!"

"He froze them after Kaminari's shock stopped them I guess it should be expected, but he took into account how a lot of people avoided it in the obstacle course." Aizawa Shouta's grouchy tone dispersed from the speakers in the stadium, everyone cheering loudly at the impressive young boy's judgement.

'Well, that took care of it.' After they shakily landed on the ground, the redhead released a sigh of relief once she'd realized all of the other teams were immobilized, meaning that they just had to handle one for now. But the momentary relaxation was brief once she realized how difficult it would be to defend against Todoroki's team and what with-