NINETEEN

"Beauty is terror. Whatever we call beautiful, we quiver before it."

The Secret History

~

"YAHOO! Players get ready for the third match of the second round!" Present Mic's announcement overhead was loud as Midoriya carefully jogged his way into the 1-A section.

"Ah, Deku-kun!" Uraraka suddenly called in surprise. Her classmates turned to the mentioned male and took in his form that was bandaged from the waist up. She wasn't sure if she was relieved that he was out so early; but at least he didn't look like he was in pain anymore.

"Midoriya-chan, your surgery went well?" Tsuyu eagerly asked.

"Yeah." The green haired teen nodded and took the seat next to Uraraka.

"Shouldn't you be resting...?" Uraraka asked, eyes brimming over with worry. And Midoriya was quick to dedicate her a firm shake of his head. "I bumped into Iida-kun right before this. His match is right after Akano-san's. I want to properly watch the efforts of everyone who wants to become a hero."

His words prompted not only Uraraka, but the rest of them to nod and pay attention. He was absolutely right about everyone trying their best, so they couldn't fault him for trying to come watch and support his classmates.

After the two contestants made their entrance and got on the tournament stage, the crowds began to cheer. "Who will be the victor, one of the top hero course students, Tokoyami Fumikage, or the dark horse that is Akano Yumi, who'd won her previous fight in an instant?! Just who will it be?!"

"May the best win." Yumi declared with a stoic and respectful look to the Raven-headed boy who was standing within a reasonable distance from her. Red eyes flashed with silent determination, and Tokoyami reciprocated with a polite nod. "Affirmative."

Unlike the previous fight that featured both Midoriya and Todoroki, the stage lacked the palpable tension that used to seep into the air. But anyone could tell that the two parties now involved were also in it for the win, just to show that no one was actually deceived by the calmness both Tokoyami and Akano radiated.

"Who do you guys think will win?" Ashido ended up asking her classmates who had their eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

"My money's on Tokoyami." Sero answered almost all too quickly, a bright grin plastered on his flat face that showed his confidence in his classmate's abilities. And Kaminari nodded boisterously in return.

"Same! But Akano-chan needn't worry, I'll comfort her." He said, eliciting a scowl from Jiro.

It seemed that the bunch were free to discuss the match as loud as they wanted, especially since Bakugou wasn't in their midst, already gone off to prepare for his upcoming match against Iida Tenya.

Mina hummed thoughtfully at the two boys' words, and then turned to the girl who had actually faced the Dark Shadow-user in the previous round. "What about you, Yaomomo?"

"Yes, Tokoyami-san has a huge advantage. If not by the weeks of rigorous hero combat training he has on her, then by his display of sheer aggressive offense and defense..." Yaoyorozu calmly said, thinking back to Tokoyami's incredible proficiency with his Quirk, using it for both attack and defense, boosting his mobility. Her hands gave off the slightest tremble and she quickly clenched them into fists to hide her discomfort. Tokoyami Fumikage was frighteningly quiet during their bout, and his eyes revealed an unwavering strength. A look of total serenity. She, herself, didn't stand a chance against him...