~chapter ten~

I'm so sorry for updating a day late!

I totally thought I published this chapter already, but somehow forgot to.

Well, here it is!

Oh, and thank you for 700 views!

But now,

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(Y/N) Pov:

I watched as Tanjiro's cheeks were painted in a bright red. I tilted my head, asking: "Are you... all right?" His eyes widened as he turned around, saying: "Y-Yes! I'm sorry!" I furrowed my brows, asking: "Sorry about what?" He hesitated, and I was about to pester him about it, but heard a silent: "Satoko-san..." My head snapped towards the source of the voice, and I immediately jumped to my feet, kneeling down in front of the male. "Are you all right, Kazumi-san?" I asked carefully, seeing his expression. He took a shaky breath, saying: "I've already lost my fiancée... Do you think I'd be all right after that?" "Kazumi-san..." tried Tanjiro, taking his position next to me. "No matter how much you have lost you don't have a choice but to continue living with strength." He glanced over at me, continuing: "No matter how severe of a blow you took-" He was cut off by Kazumi-san, who yelled: "What would a kid like you know about any of this?!" He held Tanjiro by his collar, screaming in his face. At that, I gently took Kazumi-san's hands in mine, giving him the same, sad smile that Tanjiro was giving him. Yeah, loosing someone is hard. It hurts. It hurts to no end, but... We have to move forward, we have to keep living. Both, Tanjiro and me, stood up, with him saying: "We're leaving. Take this. If only Satoko's belongings were in here as well..." Kazumi-san quickly grabbed what Tanjiro held, then said: "You're the same, aren't you? Aren't you?" We didn't answer him. Instead, we turned around, walking away. I slipped my hand into Tanjiro's, giving him a smile. His cheeks took a light shade of pink as he returned the smile, tightening his grip on my hand. "I'm sorry! I've said some things that were overly cruel to you! Please forgive me! I'm sorry!" called Kazumi-san. I chuckled lightly, turning around to wave at him.

As we were walking, I noticed that Tanjiro was quiet. "What's on your mind?" I asked him, hoping to ease his nerves a little. He snapped out of his thoughts, saying: "I just figured it out." The seriousness in his voice made me lose the smile I held on my lips. He continued: "There are a lot more people that have been killed, tortured, and in pain because of him. Kibutsuji Muzan. Never, I'll... I'll never forgive you." Muzan Kibutsuji. The Demon that turned poor Nezuko into a Demon and slaughtered Tanjiro's family. Such a monster... How come he- "The next location is Asakusa in Tokyo prefecture! There are rumors of a Demon hiding there! Caw!" yelled our crow, suddenly appearing on Tanjiro's shoulder. I groaned as Tanjiro asked: "Eh? Is it time to go to the next location already?" "Go now!" "Wait a moment-" "Not waiting!" I let out a heavy sigh, then smiled, saying: "Let's save lots of lives, Tanjiro!" He returned the smile, seemingly calm again. "Let's go, then!" he called, starting to walk while still holding my hand in his.

Time skip: three days later

3rd Person Pov:

In Asakusa, somewhere on the street, stood three teenagers, a boy and two girls. While the boy was freaking out, looking from left to right, trying to sort the new scents he had to live through, the girls were walking after him, looking at the city in awe. Nezuko held (Y/N)'s hand, following her like a puppy would. "Let's... Let's... Let's go over there, (Y/N), Nezuko." said Tanjiro, taking the hand of the girl closest to him, which happened to be (Y/N).

"Two bowls of Yamakake noodles, please." said (Y/N), smiling at the shopkeeper. The man nodded, immediately going to make her order. She walked back over to the bench where Nezuko and Tanjiro were sitting on, taking her seat next to Tanjiro. He sighed, leaning over and putting his head on top of (Y/N)'s. She smiled gently, saying: "That city is amazing." She patted his head, making him smile slightly as he said: "Yeah. First time I've ever been to a place like this... There's too many people." "I agree. And the lights there are so bright... I nearly got a headache from them." "Really?" His voice was filled with worry for the delicate girl. "Yes, but-" Before she could finish, Tanjiro stood up, his eyes wide. He was sniffing the air, his expression turning into a shocked one. Then, he started to sprint, leaving both of the girls there. (Y/N) glanced over at Nezuko, seeing that she was sleeping peacefully. So, she jumped up, running after Tanjiro.

Pushing through the crowd, Tanjiro was eager to follow the scent. He knew whose scent that was, and he couldn't wait to finally see that man. Being able to reach him, Tanjiro wasted no time in grabbing the tall man's shoulder, turning him around. As quick as he could, he held his sword, about to pull it out of its scabbard, but froze in his movements once he saw a little girl in the arms of that man. "Daddy, who is this person?" Tanjiro was shocked, to say the least. The man that killed his family, the one that turned his dear little sister into a Demon, was standing in front of him, seemingly living as a normal human being. His blood started boiling as his eyes widened in shock. He took a step back, accidentally bumping into (Y/N). Said girl watched carefully, being able to make out the difference of that guy to a human with her sharp eyes. She was almost shaking, intimidated by the aura that man had. Grabbing Tanjiro's hand, (Y/N) basically hid behind him, unable to say or do anything at the moment. "Do you have something you want from me? You're in quite a panic." stated that man, looking at the two Demon Slayers. "Ah, what's this?" asked a woman, turning to face the man and the child. "Mama." cheered the little girl, smiling. Tanjiro covered his mouth with his free hand, not believing what he saw. He knew that the woman and the child were human, but he also knew that that man was Muzan Kibutsuji. "Are these kids familiar?" asked the woman, making Tanjiro gasp lightly. Muzan answered: "No... These are just children we don't know. Seems like they're in some sort of trouble. Might it be... that he mistook us for someone else?" While he was talking to his 'wife', he slashed the neck of an innocent person. "Well... Is that what's going on?" asked the woman, not realizing what had happened. "Dear, what happened to you?" asked the woman next to the man that got injured. Then, he growled at her, biting into her shoulder. "Stop!" yelled Tanjiro, immediately going to help the woman.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.zerochan.net/2908602