~chapter sixty-four~

3rd Person Pov:

Breathing heavily, Nezuko stared at a bystander. Her arm was bleeding, which immediately captured all of Nezuko's attention. Her wide, pink eyes were focused solely on the bleeding spot on the woman's skin.

She couldn't hold herself back. Within the next second, Nezuko jumped towards the woman, growling loudly. Right before she could reach her victim, however, someone had ran into her, causing Nezuko to fall onto the ground, still growling.

"Nezuko! Nezuko, calm down!" called (Y/N) out, trying to keep the Demon girl on the ground. She had no luck with that, though. Nezuko's strength easily surpasses her own, after all.

Nezuko jumped up, with (Y/N) clinging onto her back. "Nezuko, please! Stop this, this isn't like you!" she said, hoping that she could reach her. But Nezuko only growled, reaching her hand back and scratching (Y/N)'s cheeks.

A few droplets of blood began to roll down her face, which immediately drew Nezuko's attention away from the bystanders. She easily threw the Demon Slayer off of her, quickly running after her.

(Y/N) grabbed her sword, swiftly moving around Nezuko and jumping onto her back once more. This time, however, (Y/N) took her sword into her hands, holding it in front of Nezuko, causing her to bite onto it.

She wrapped her legs around the Demon, saying: "Nezuko, calm down! We have to fight together to defeat the Upper Six!" Nezuko didn't react at all. Instead, she kept on growling, trying to get the girl on her back to let go.

She tried ramming with her back first into the ground, or hitting the houses the same way. "Nezuko! I-I'll protect you! I won't let you eat any human! Please stop!" called (Y/N) out, her eyes shut tightly.

Suddenly, as they were inside a building, Nezuko jumped up with a lot of force, her back facing the ceiling. It broke, causing them to break through it, now standing a floor higher. "From below?!" "Kyaah!" "What the...?! Someone came through the floor?" asked the citizens in there, all terrified of what was happening.

"Nezuko!" yelled (Y/N). Then, the walls were destroyed, cut in pieces by an all too familiar obi. "You've really done it now. Yes, you can even use a Blood Demon Art? A curious technique that only burns Demons..." trailed Daki off, having jumped into the room.

Her face and some parts of her body were partly burnt, and she was basically glaring daggers at Nezuko, who was still trying to pry (Y/N) off of her.

Daki started walking closer to them, saying: "On top of that, I'm not healing very well at all. This extremely pisses me off. Extremely." Gritting her teeth, (Y/N) said: "Nezuko, please! I don't have time for this!"

She knew she had to protect the citizens, calm Nezuko down, and fight Daki off at the same time. She was thinking, breaking her mind over what she should do first, all while not letting go of Nezuko, because she was a current threat to the innocent bystanders.

"Hey, isn't this Nezuko Kamado? She's flashily progressing into a Demon." said the Hashira that came there with the Demon Slayers, having suddenly appeared in front of the Demon girl and the Demon Slayer.

"U-Uzui-san!" called (Y/N), relieved to see that she finally got back up. He said: "You made such a huge show in front of Oyakata-sama, and this is how it turns out?" "I know! But let's leave all of that for later. I could really, really use some help right now!" she replied, struggling even more to hold Nezuko back.

Daki gasped, saying: "A Hashira... This saves me the trouble-" "So annoying. I'm talking over here. Buzz of." said Uzui, turning his head to look at Daki, who had a surprised, yet shocked expression on her damaged face.

He said: "You're not an Upper Moon Demon, are you? You're way too weak. You're not the Demon I'm looking for." Then, withing the next few seconds, Daki's head was cut off, falling into her own hands.

(Y/N) Pov:

Her head... He managed to cut it off! "Hey. The fight isn't over yet. Do something about this Demon girl." he said, making me nod. "I'm trying." I said, struggling against Nezuko's immense strength.

"Nezuko, it's fine!" I tried, but of course she didn't listen. "Dumb brats who grumble around have no place on the battlefield. Sing her some plain lullaby or something." he said. I was about to reply, but Nezuko suddenly jumped up, slamming me through the wall.

We both fell outside, and my back hit the ground first. I gritted my teeth, doing my best to endure the pain. "Ah, what should I do?! What should I-" I stopped my talking as Uzui-san's words finally sunk in.

A lullaby? Ah, Tanjiro once told me about a certain lullaby his mother always sung to them. Which one was it? The one with the bunny? Well, what could go wrong? I tried my best to sing, while struggling to stay on her back.

"Knock, knock, little bunny from the little mountain. Why are your ears so long?" Nezuko growled, but her movements began to lose their strength. She scratched my face once more, leaving a burning feeling across my face.

"When she was small, my mother ate the leaves of a tall tree, and that's why my ears are so long." I sung, watching how she stopped moving, her eyes wide. I continued singing, glad that she was actually calming down.

Suddenly, she began crying. Like, loudly. I slowly put my sword down, saying: "Nezuko, you..." She turned around, throwing her arms over my shoulder to hug me, her size decreasing. And just a few seconds later, she fell asleep, hugging me tightly.

I released a long sigh, placing my sword back onto my belt, then lifting Nezuko up. I carried her over to the side, placing her so that she was far away from any citizens, while also being hidden. Then, I realized something. "The Demon!" I called, quickly making my way back to Uzui-san.

"Uzui-san! The Demon didn't die before when I cut her neck! She-" I stopped, my eyes focused on what I was seeing. The Demon was crying, holding her own head in her hands.

"Oh? You're saying you managed to cut her head off before?" asked Uzui-san, making me nod. I swiftly joined his side, answering: "Yes. But she just won't die." "I can see that." "Hey, are you even listening?!" called the Demon, more tears rolling down her face.

"Like, you're not an Upper Moon." stated Uzui-san, like it was nothing. She screamed: "I am Upper Moon Six!" "Then how did I cut off your head so easily? You're so weak. Did your brain explode?"

"I still haven't lost! I'm an Upper Moon!" "You've lost. Without a doubt." "You're not convincing anyone here." More tears were flowing, causing Uzui-san to sigh.

The Demon yelled: "I'm really Upper Moon Six! I'm serious! I've even got the number to prove it! I'm super awesome!" Hm? Is she... throwing a tantrum? What is she, a child?

She began hitting the ground with one hand, yelling: "Die! Die! You're all gonna die! Waaah! My head got cut off! It got cut off twice! Onii-chan!" I immediately noticed how something began to grow from her back.

Within the next moment, I could only watch how another Demon emerged from her back, attacking us at inhuman speed. All the while, Uzui-san pulled me behind him, reflecting the incoming attack.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/636344622339656828/