~chapter thirty-six~

3rd Person Pov:

Zenitsu and (Y/N) had to stay behind, while Tanjiro and Inosuke went to the 'functional recovery training'. And as they got back, they both looked like zombies. Zenitsu was more than just scared, asking: "What happened? What's wrong?"

To that, Tanjiro simply said: "Sorry." which made Zenitsu scream out: "Tell me! I'm gonna be a little late joining you tomorrow, but I'm joining the training, too! Tell me what happened!"

(Y/N) sighed, saying: "Zenitsu... You're being loud." He pointed at the passed out boys, asking: "How can you not be scared when they're coming back like this?!" At that, she simply threw her pillow at him, saying: "I wanna sleep, and they want to do that, too, so keep quiet, please."

He slowly nodded, sulking to himself. "So mean, (Y/N)-chan..." he muttered out, sighing heavily. "I don't wanna go to train. I don't wanna go..." he repeated over and over again. But the other three were sleeping now anyways, so it didn't matter much.

Time skip: the next day

(Y/N) Pov:

Aoi-san, a girl with pigtails, said: "Zenitsu-san, you're taking part in the training starting today. So let me explain it to you. First, over there. Those girls will massage your body which is stiff from lying in bed. Then the reflex training."

She pointed to the three girls, then to Kanao-san. "There's a medicated bath inside those teacups. You'll all be taking part in the medicated bath. But if you can hold the teacup down from your opponent before she lifts it up, she can't move the teacup." continued Aoi-san.

"The final one is whole body training. Putting it frankly, it's tag. Kanao and I, Aoi, will be your opponents." she finished, making me nod. I was more than just ready for this training. Resting, after all, isn't for me. I've been training ever since I was little.

"Sorry, can I ask something?"  asked Zenitsu, slowly standing up. "Is there something you don't understand?" asked Aoi-san, waiting for Zenitsu to answer, which he did: "No, just come over here, you two." "Not going." stated Inosuke, turning to look away.

Zenitsu grew angry, yelling: "I'm telling you screw it and just come! Come, damnit! Pieces of shit! Trash!" all while dragging the two with him. I blinked a few times, looking over at Aoi-san. She asked: "What... What was that?"

I shrugged, answering: "Well... That's just what Zenitsu's like, I guess? But I am worried about Tanjiro and Inosuke." She sighed lightly, asking: "Whatever it is with them, we'll let them be for now. Want to start with the training?" I nodded, walking over to the three girls.

Tanjiro Pov:

"You complete morons!" yelled Zenitsu. Inosuke said: "What did you say, you-", but was cut short as Zenitsu punched him. I quickly said: "What're you doing, Zenitsu?! Apologize to Inosuke!"

But instead of apologizing, he pointed at me, screaming: "You apologize! You beg for forgiveness! Don't make that face as if we were in hell, not in heaven! All you guys did was fool around with girls everyday, so what were you so worn out about?! Prostrate yourself and apologize! Slit your stomachs!"

Deciding that this was too much, I yelled back: "What're you saying?!" But that only angered him even more. "Shut up, you gloomy, stubborn forehead! Shut up and listen, okay?!" He yelled, grabbing me by my shirt.

"You're being felt up by women! They're groping your body! You put out your hand when you're playing around with teacups! And they're touching you when you play tag, right?! There are two boobs, two buttocks, and two thighs with each woman! And they smell good if they ever pass by, so I look forward to even lay my eyes on them!" he screamed, shaking me back and forth.

I just sighed, deciding to leave and go back inside. Right before I entered, I was able to smell tea. Confused, I stepped into the room, looking at whoever was splashed with tea. "I'm sorry, I'll do even better!" called (Y/N), a determined expression on her face.

I watched in awe as she got splashed with tea over and over again, but she never gave up. It was quite cute, in a way. I smiled to myself as I stepped closer. (Y/N) didn't even notice me, since she was way too focused on those teacups.

She quickly covered the cup that Aoi-san wanted to lift up, taking another and splashing the tea all over her. After a few seconds of silence, Aoi-san smiled, saying: "You did it. Great job." It was then that (Y/N) started to celebrate, saying: "I did it! I actually did it!"

"You're amazing, (Y/N)." I said, making her turn around to face me. Her smile widened as she got up, giving me a tight hug. I returned it, smiling as she said: "I really did it! Now I only need to win at tag."

I brushed a few strands of hair out of her face, saying: "I'm sure you can do that just as quick." "Mhm! Thanks a lot, Tanjiro!" she said, placing a quick kiss on my cheek. I felt the blood rush into my cheeks as she chuckled, saying: "That's a good luck kiss." before walking over to Aoi-san, who was already waiting.

I remained right where I was, placing a hand on my cheek. "(Y/N)... You're amazing, really." I said to myself, smiling lightly.

3rd Person Pov:

(Y/N) had managed to win in tag rather quickly. Zenitsu and Inosuke were able to do almost anything perfectly, while Tanjiro was still struggling with everything. Well, none of them has managed to win against Kanao yet.

After five days of losing to Kanao, Inosuke and Zenitsu didn't want to continue the training, seeing as they were tired of losing. But the other two never gave up. They were motivated to keep going, even if they had to train for weeks.

"This reminds me of our first two years of training." said (Y/N), sitting down next to Tanjiro. He nodded, putting an arm over her shoulders. Then, he pulled her closer to him, saying: "Yeah. It's just like back then. With one exception."

"Hm?" she turned to look at him, about to ask what he meant. But he simply stopped her by kissing her. "Now I get it." she said, leaning her head on his shoulder. They remained there for a few more moments, just enjoying the quite and peaceful atmosphere.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KimetsuNoYaiba/comments/g3cjl2/aoi/