~chapter eighty-nine~

3rd Person Pov:

Getting more and more frustrated by the second, Gyokko even went as far injuring Haganezuka, who still didn't even think about losing his focus. Even after one of his eyes had been damaged beyond recovery, he was still doing his best to sharpen the ancient blade.

The second swordsmith, which had been unconscious until now, slowly tried to get back up, a kitchen knife in hand. He wanted to protect his fellow swordsmith, but of course he failed miserably.

Gyokko went to attack him, but stopped and vanished into his vase, having sensed an incoming attack. He glared at the young Hashira, who was standing strong, with marks covering his face.

Muichiro had landed a hit, cutting barely into the Demon's shoulder. Gyokko 'tsk-ed', then went to attack the Hashira himself. He held out a vase, and large octopus arms came out of it.

They quickly wrapped themselves around Muichiro, destroying the whole shed while they were at it. Laughing, Gyokko said: "So? How do you like the power of octopus flesh? You can't cut through that!"

Landing rather harshly, Haganezuka quickly sat back up, picking up the things he needed to sharpen the weapon. And he continued to do so, much to Gyokko's anger. But he knew that he had to kill the Hashira first.

"That guy's not sane at all. But that's okay, too. The Hashira first, then the smith. I let my guard down too much before. I will crush you and absorb you for sure this time." he spat, grinning up at Muichiro.

Muichiro, still as calm as ever, easily sliced through the octopus, landing perfectly on the ground. "You made this blade for me. Thank you, Kanamori-san." he said towards the other swordsmith, who was trembling in fear.

Kanamori said: "No, no, I... I just followed your first swordsmith's instructions and did exactly as he wrote." "Oh, right. Tetsuido-san made my blades first. He died from a heart attack..." trailed Muichiro off, remembering the old man that used to make his weapons.

Taking in a deep breath, he used a mist breathing technique to charge at Gyokko, managing to slice through the rest of the octopus arms with ease. Gyokko retreated to another vase, wanting to mock the young Hashira.

"You minced it pretty quickly. But you can't catch up to the speed of my pots." he taunted, to which Muichiro replied: "I wonder about that." "What?" "Looks like your senses have dulled. But that's because you've lived for hundreds of years. Next time, it's coming off. I'm not playing along with your dumb pot games."

"Don't underestimate me, brat." spat Gyokko, pure anger flowing through his veins. Shrugging ever so slightly, Muichiro said: "Hey, it's not like I'm looking down on you. I'm just stating the truth. You're just gonna die when I cut your head off. Also, I'm feeling amazing right now for some reason. Why is that?"

Gritting his teeth, Gyokko said: "Your phrasing is insulting, you damn brat. And you've only lived for about ten years or so." "Even so, there's not a single thing about you that's praiseworthy. Your looks and words are downright disgusting." replied Muichiro, full on mocking the Demon at this point.

Not liking that statement, the Demon said: "I am the apex of beauty... You just can't understand elegance because you're an uneducated bumpkin. You're like a fly or a cockroach that can't read when I show you a book."

Gyokko disappeared from his vase into one behind Muichiro, who immediately noticed. He said: "It sounds like you live in a chamber pot." "Shut it, roach. A stubby midget like you can't even reach my neck."

Muichiro shot back: "Well, I did just a while ago. And you're the stubbier one. Oh, wait. Were you muttering to yourself just now? Then sorry about that." Now fuming with anger, the Demon continued their conversation.

"What a cheap provocation. Did you think Gyokko-sama would lose his composure over that? You must be desperate to win. it's unsightly." he spat out, not wanting to take whatever the Hashira was saying to him.

The young Demon Slayer thought for a moment, humming a little. "What's the matter? Out of words?" asked Gyokko, grinning like he won their argument. But Muichiro wasn't done just yet.

He said: "I've been wondering about this... The left and tight sides are uneven. It looks kinda shitty. Is that pot of yours deformed or something?" "That's because your eyes have maggots in them, you asshole!" yelled Gyokko, not able to control his anger any longer.

-

Tanjiro barely avoided the new Demon's attack, still getting hit on his leg. He realized that he doesn't have the time to activate any breathing techniques, as the Demon would simply attack way faster than he would be able to react.

Suddenly, a bunch of dragon-shaped rocks roots appeared, biting onto his arm, keeping him in place.  Nezuko and Genya were also trapped, and therefor unable to help him. Tanjiro raised his sword into the air, but before he could strike, he thicker roots wrapped tightly around him, squeezing him.

It was just getting harder to breath, as he heard a sudden snap. Like someone snapped with their fingers. When he opened his eyes again, he was staring straight at a pair of blood red ones. Startled, Tanjiro wanted to ask who this person was, but couldn't catch his breath to do so.

The white haired Demon grinned from ear to ear, saying: "Man, you really did a number on them. Release this one for a sec." Urami, the merged Demon, hesitated. He didn't say anything and didn't oblige either. Much to Enenra's disliking.

"Hey, you moron. You heard what I said, didn't you?" he questioned, only to have the other Demon not react at all. Sighing, Enenra pinched the bridge of his nose, muttering: "Do I really have to teach you a lesson now? I was actually ready to head back home. Ugh, fine."

Using a single punch, the white haired Demon hit the root capturing Tanjiro, shattering it within a single moment. With wide eyes, Tanjiro took in a deep breath, immediately covering his nose. This Demon had most blood-filled smell he ever came across. He was certain that this Demon had lived for much longer than average, and that he possessed strength that may rival even that of Kibutsuji Muzan himself.

Now smiling again, Enenra held a hand out to the burgundy haired male, saying: "You're that brat that's in love with my darling (Y/N), aren't you?" Instead of shaking his hand, Tanjiro backed up, asking: "Who... Who are you? What do you mean with 'your darling'?"

Retreating his hand, Enenra said: "No manners, I see. Well, to put it simply, I'm the Demon that killed her family. I'm the one that's been tasked to kill her. And I'm the one that just poisoned her so bad she might not make it through the night." The way he spoke so lightly, the words he chose... It caused rage to fill the kindhearted Demon Slayer.

"You're the one that caused her such pain?" asked Tanjiro, slowly getting up. Nodding proudly, the Demon pointed a thumb at himself, saying: "I sure am! But don't worry, I'm not here to fight. I just wanted to see who you were for myself. I got a bit of leeway with the boss, you know? And I'm sure as hell stretching the rules until they fit into my liking."

Suddenly, he moved a bit to the left, shaking his head in disapproval. He threw the arm that he had ripped off the other Demon to the side, saying: "Seriously? What did you think was gonna happen? You couldn't even hit me in your dreams, dumbass."

The other Demon glared at him, saying: "You're in my way." as he regenerated his lost limb. "Oh, I'm the one in your way? Yeah, alright. Listen here buddy, I'll go if you want me to. But just know that there's three Hashiras present, with two on their way here and one fighting Gyokko. You'll be dead within a moment once they get here."

Starting to walk off, he added: "But it's fine. I'll just be on my way. The sun will rise soon. Remember that." With that, he snapped his fingers, turning into smoke before disappearing from the scene.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/826480969110656609/