~Chapter one~

4 years later:

(Y/N) Pov:

All right! Now I only need to clean the kitchen. I mean, we are getting visitors today. Sensei's already on the way to get them. Well, he actually wants to kill a nearby demon, but they should be around that house. I took the cleaning stuff and brought them over to the kitchen. There, I started with the fridge. I hummed to myself while I cleaned the whole room. "I'm happy to see some new faces. Though I wish Onii-chan would be here, too..." I shook my head lightly. "I'm sure he's working hard right now. So should I." I smiled a little before continuing to clean.

"So... So did... I... Pass the test?" I heard a boy ask. I got up from the ground and went to take a quick peek around the corner. "The test has just begun. Follow me up the mountain." said Sensei. I got a short view on the boy that was with him. Weren't there supposed to be two people? Siblings? I guess the other person sits in the basket he's carrying. So it's a child? Sensei took the basket and set it down next to me. "Take good care of her." I nodded at Sensei's words as he left with the boy. I closed the doors, then slowly took a step closer to the basket, trying to hear a sound of it. Nothing. So I opened it, looking inside. In there sat a girl with long, black hair that faded into orange. I stared at her, while she did the same. She has a muzzle in her mouth? Why? I don't know. But... If what Onii-chan said is true, then she's not human anymore. I asked: "Are you... a Demon?" She hesitated. I smiled at her, saying: "I'm not an enemy! I won't hurt you. You're safe here." She slowly nodded, yet didn't believe me. I could tell at her expression that she didn't trust me. "Are you the Demon, or is it your brother?" I asked, still smiling slightly. She pointed at herself, so I nodded. "I see. Well, you're not going to eat me, are you?" She shook her head almost immediately, making me giggle. "I was joking! I know that you wouldn't do that. Your eyes don't look like the ones of a human devouring Demon." An image of the Demon that killed my mother and brother flashed through my mind. I tried to get rid of that picture by asking: "What's your name?" However, she only looked at me. "So I have to guess, huh? Tell me when I got it right, okay? Let's see... Sayaka?" She shook her head. "Hmm... Shiro? May? Aika?" More headshaking. "Then... Uhm, we'll just wait 'till your brother comes back. He'll tell me your name, right?" She nodded. "I'm (Y/N). Nice to meet you!" I smiled at her. Well, I don't think she eats anything, so... "Ah, your clothes are damaged. Let me fix them and get you new ones." I said as I noticed a ripped part on her Haori and quickly stood up from the ground I was sitting on. I hurried to my room with her following me.

Before I opened the door to my room, I said: "Wait here." So I got in and closed the blinds, so that none of the remaining sunlight could harm her. "It's safe now." I called. She entered my room and looked around for a short while before walking towards me. I showed her a Kimono and asked: "Is this one good?" She nodded and I said: "Good! You can borrow it for as long as you want. I'll fix yours in that time." She started to change, and I took her clothes from her, then gave her mine. She put my Kimono on and sat on my bed while I grabbed thread and needle and began stitching her clothes up. As I finished, I turned around, only to see her sleeping. I smiled as I put my blanket over her. I neatly folded her clothing and put it on my desk before making sure that the blinds are completely shut. As I was sure that no sunlight could ever enter my room, I left it, closing the door behind me. With quick steps, I walked towards the storage room. "I bet he wants to sleep in the same room as his sister." I muttered to myself while preparing a futon for the boy to sleep in. I silently set it up in my room, then left again.

I yawned slightly as I went back into the kitchen, putting the few cleaning things away. Then, I started cooking. Soon after, the door opened. "I'm back." I heard Sensei saying. I smiled, walking up to him. "Where's the girl?" I answered: "She's asleep in my bed. Don't worry, I made sure no sunlight can reach her. Oh, and I befriended her." "How did you do that? She can't talk with the muzzle." "I know. But she's a nice girl. At least she didn't eat me." I giggled lightly. "Not that she would. I can see it in her eyes." "So she's a friendly Demon, after all?" asked Sensei. I nodded, answering: "Yeah. She's not like... them." "You only saw about five, though." I crossed my arms in front of my chest, looking up at him. He put a hand on my head, saying: "But you judge correctly. Well, I see you cleaned the house while I was gone." I smiled again, saying: "Yes! We were getting guests, so I couldn't let them see this mess." "That sounds just like you. What's for dinner?" I followed him into the kitchen. "Smells like ramen." he said. "Yup! I made ramen today." I smiled brightly as I continued cooking while Sensei went to check on the Demon girl.

"I... am... back..." said someone, entering the house. I looked up from my bowl, looking straight into dark red eyes. The boy was panting heavily as Sensei said: "...I've recognized your abilities... Kamado Tanjiro." I smiled at the boy as he collapsed. "At least he managed to get here." I said before helping the boy up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.zedge.net/wallpaper/122096de-5c5c-4b8f-afd4-6a32a902fa2f