~chapter sixty-nine~

3rd Person Pov:

Starting to dash towards the female Demon, (Y/N) had her sword readied. Daki's eyes widened slightly, before she grinned, ordering the majority of her obis to attack her. Noticing this, (Y/N) blocked a bunch of the obi, some managing to graze her skin, leaving a few cuts behind.

"Your movements are slowly getting duller! Who should I crush first?!" asked Daki out loud, laughing at the fact that she had managed to block the female Demon Slayer's attack so easily. Tanjiro fended a few of the obi off, too, glancing over at his friends.

"This Demon's neck is too soft for us to cut! We have to either go at it at the right speed, or get her head from multiple directions!" he called out, dodging the obi. Inosuke grinned underneath his boar mask, dashing forwards.

He yelled: "If we take the multiple direction option, leave it to my awesome dual wielding prowess, dammit! The four of us can beat this girl!" "Alright! Zenitsu, protect Inosuke! (Y/N), go for the neck as well, just to be sure!" ordered Tanjiro, to which the other two nodded, doing what they were told.

While Inosuke continued to dash towards Daki, he completely ignored his defence. Zenitsu and Tanjiro did all they could to slice the obi into pieces. However, Daki's eyes were glues onto the female Demon Slayer, who was approaching her at inhuman speeds from the side.

She almost gasped, ready to take the girl on in close combat, only to have Inosuke place both of his swords on either side of her neck. She tried to react in time, but Inosuke was quicker, using his unique Beast Breathing to cut her head off.

"Good job, Inosuke!" called (Y/N), swiftly cutting through the legs of the headless Demon. Inosuke then jumped after her head, holding onto it like his life depended on it. "Now to take it far away so they can't put it back on!" he yelled, starting to run. "You guys back up the old man!"

"Shithead boar! Lemme go!" yelled Daki, trying to use her long, white hair to attack Inosuke. He, however, simply cut her hair, laughing. "That attack was as dull as shit!" "What was that?!" asked Daki, rage written all over her face.

Inosuke said: "You may not be dead, but you turned into a weakling after I cut your head, your vital point, off!" While he was laughing, a sickle was suddenly rammed into his chest, drawing blood immediately.

Gyutaro took his sister's head back, watching as the boar man fell down. "Inosuke!" yelled his friends, clearly worried for him. (Y/N) narrowed her eyes at the Upper Moon, saying: "Why you..." Without any further hesitation, she used the Breath of Water, Ninth Form, Turbulent.

Within the next second, she was right in front of Gyutaro, her blade cutting off the arm that held onto Daki's head. He glared at her, slicing at her with his weapon. Luckily, she had been prepared for his counter attack and used the Sun Breathing, Fake Rainbow to evade his attack.

It was then that she realized something. "Uzui-san... Where's Uzui-san?!" she asked, to which Gyutaro grinned. He replied: "See for yourself, man. The poison finally killed him." She turned to look the side, her (e/c) eyes widening.

Uzui was laying on the ground, blood splattered around him. One of his arms was cut off, and he had a visible wound on his head. Tightening the grip she had on her sword, she took in a deep breath, the color of her sword changing from blue to red.

She had used the Flame Breathing, First Form, Unknowing Fire to close the gap between them, swinging her sword in a circular motion towards his neck. That very same moment, Gyutaro had used a quite heavy attack on her, even splitting the building they were standing on.

Tanjiro Pov:

Gasping, I opened my eyes, just staring at the ground for a moment. "Whoa. You're still alive, huh? You're one lucky dude." said the male Demon, staring down at me. I looked up at him, slowly sitting up. No, I... I can't move too well.

"Well, you got nothing going for you aside from luck, though. How sad, man. Everyone else besides you is pretty much useless, now." started the Demon, smirking as he spoke.

He continued: "Boar got his heart stabbed. Yellow-head is writhing around after being crushed by the wreckage, so I'm just leaving him there to die. He's squirming around there like a bug. How pathetic."

Chuckling for a moment, he gestured to the side, saying: "That so-called (L/N) prodigy is on the brink of death as well. Though, she got close to cutting my head off. Too bad for her." I looked over to where he was pointing at, my eyes widening.

That's...! (Y/N) was laying on the ground, her sword laying just a bit to her left. But what was even more horrifying was the face that the scent of her blood was everywhere around me.

"She'll bleed out in a minute. Then, my sister can eat her. And that Hashira there was strong, man. But his heart stopped because of the poison and he died. He's a goner. Pathetic. Pathetic. You're all so damn pathetic. You in particular, my man." he spoke out, glancing at the box that Nezuko was currently in.

(Y/N) Pov:

Focus. Just breathe and focus. Stop the blood from leaving my wounds. I can do it. I trained this technique a lot with Rengoku-Sensei. I should know how to do it by now.

Slowly but surely, I was able to open my eyes, staring up at the dark, star filled sky. What a beautiful view... Ah, I wish I could've seen this under different circumstances.

Okay, I think I can move at least a little. Now, where's my sword? Haganezuka-san will be mad if I lose it. My hand made contact with something metal, and I turned my head a little, a small smile gracing my lips.

I grabbed my sword tightly, slowly sitting up, using my sword to help me up. "Hey, maggot. Dimwit. Coward among dunces. Useless. Why were you even born?" I stared at the sight in front of me.

The Demon was talking to Tanjiro, insulting him in various ways. "What now? You've got your super-weak, battered, pathetic human body. Now cut my head right here. Do it, do it!" Instead of answering, Tanjiro bend down, to which the Demon began laughing.

Thinking for a moment, the Demon spoke up once more. "I know. How about you become a Demon! For your sister!" My eyes widened slightly at that. Tanjiro? A Demon? No way! There's no way!

"If you become a good Demon, I'll help you out. 'Cause we'll be buddies. If you don't, I'll beat your sister to death. I don't give a shit about other people's little sisters." he said, causing me to narrow my eyes at him.

"No, Onii-chan, don't! I absolutely hate that idea!" called the female Demon, sitting on a roof. The male Demon continued: "If you become a Demon, you can get stronger in a flash. Bid farewell to your crippled, fleshy body. Hey, hey, whaddya say?"

Moving rather quickly, Tanjiro sat up, leaning his head back. Is he going to...? Wait, no. That's can't be his plan! It's not gonna work! "When people grieve, they look up at the sky. Then the tears come pouring down, my man." said the Demon, grinning at him.

Tanjiro, slowly looking at the Demon, said: "I... I.. was preparing." Within the next moment, he had headbutted the Demon, causing him to stumble back, falling onto the ground. All the while, Tanjiro managed to get up, holding onto his sword.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://besthqwallpapers.com/anime/inosuke-hashibira-monster-demon-hunter-boy-with-green-eyes-kimetsu-no-yaiba-116798