~chapter twenty-nine~

Okay, things might get confusing for a little in this chapter, but it'll all be explained in later parts of the story.

So, enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

It was awful to watch. Inosuke's throat was being crushed by that Demon, and there was nothing he could do about it. He felt how so much of his throat got damaged. The pain was almost unbearable, and he was sure that he would die right there and then.

Taking in a certain breath, the beautiful blue colored sword faded into a fiery red, and her body started to dash forwards. "First Form, Unknown Fire." she said out loud, her voice low. And just like that, she had managed to cut through the arm of the Demon with ease, freeing Inosuke of it's grip.

(Y/N)'s (e/c) eyes were wide as she was breathing heavily, looking at the sword in her hands. This was her sword, but it wasn't blue anymore. It was red. Deciding to think about that later, she faced the screeching Demon, tightening her grip on her sword once more.

After coughing up even more blood, she wiped her mouth, saying: "Second Form, Rising Scorching Sun." She pulled her sword upwards, slashing the Demon's other arm off, too. She fell to her knees, clutching her chest with her free hand, the other holding onto her blade.

The Demon went to attack her, as suddenly someone else joined their battle. With quick, precise movements, the Demon was left in pieces, slowly dissolving into nothing. The man who had managed to defeat the Demon at the end kneeled down in front of the female Demon Slayer.

Her eyes were staring at the ground as she was trying to endure the pain she was feeling. "You did well, (Y/N)." said the raven haired man, gently placing a hand on her head. She gasped lightly, immediately looking up at him. Her eyes widened as a small smile formed on her lips. "Onii-chan..." she breathed out, forgetting about the pain for a few, short seconds.

But as those seconds had passed, she let out a silent whimper, feeling all of her strength vanishing. Giyuu looked at her with clear worry, asking: "What happened?" She coughed up blood again, falling forward. Tomioka caught her, standing up while helping her.

"I-I was bitten by a spider. Th-That one Demon said that I-I'll... That I'll become a spider myself... I don't even know what that means..." she answered honestly, closing her eyes. "Fight with me, mismatched Haori!" yelled the boar man, gaining the attention of the siblings.

"You beat one of the 12 Kizuki, and I'll beat you! If I do the calculations, I'll be the strongest one!" (Y/N) sighed lightly, saying: "Just ignore him. He's always like that." Giyuu, however, didn't listen to her. Instead, he said: "Discipline yourself once more, you fool."

At that, Inosuke was starting to rage. "That wasn't even one of the 12 Kizuki just now. You don't even get that?" asked the Water Pillar, grabbing a rope from his pocket. The boar man, now completely angry, yelled: "I do get it! Tanjiro said he was one of them! I just told you exactly what he told us-"

It was then that Inosuke noticed that he was tied to a tree branch, completely unable to get away. "Hey wait! Wait dammit!" Giyuu picked (Y/N) up, saying: "I won't get involved in a fight with someone who doesn't know the extent of his own injuries." And with that, he started to leave, heading towards Tanjiro and the real member of the 12 Kizuki.

While he was walking, (Y/N) was coughing more and more, worrying him. "I was just fine this morning. I don't like these spider Demons." she told him, closing her eyes again. It was obvious that she needed some sort of medicine, and Giyuu knew exactly who would most likely have something like that.

"Onii-chan, I'm so glad to have seen you again..." she told him, a small smile on her lips. Giyuu shook his head, saying: "Stop talking like you're going to die." Her smile widened slightly as she said: "I-I did it... I saved someone..." "(Y/N), stop it." "I did... it..." With that, her eyes closed themselves and she lost consciousness.

The Water Piller stopped dead in his tracks, checking for a pulse on his dear little sister. A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he felt a very weak heartbeat. He knew he had to bring her to Shinobu as quick as he could, even quicker. If he didn't, she'd be as good as dead. And he couldn't lose her. Not ever.

Meanwhile, Tanjiro was having a hard time fighting Rui, with Nezuko held high up in the air. It was going rather well, but then Rui activated his Blood Demon Art, strengthening his threads. "Enough of you. Farewell." he said, a big net about to hit Tanjiro.

Memories of all the people he had met on his journey started to replay themselves in his head. And one of them was where he had kissed (Y/N), basically confessing to her. If he were to die, he could never see her smile again. He could never feel her gentle touch, hear her sweet voice, or see her laughing.

He wanted to survive. He knew he could. There just had to be a way for him to survive this deadly situation. Suddenly, he remembered his father. "Tanjiro. Breathe. Control your breathing. And you will become the god of fire."

"Look, Tanjiro. It's your father's Kagura dance. He's working with the flames, so to make sure he avoids catastrophe or injury, we offer a dance to the god of fire at the beginning of the year and pray to him." said his mother, smiling at her husband.

And a few years later, Tanjiro had asked: "Father, you have such a frail body, how can you dance in the snow for so long? My lungs would freeze over." His father smiled at the young boy, answering: "There's a way you should breathe. A way where no matter how much you move, you won't get tired."

Tanjiro's eyes were almost shining at that. "If you can perform the correct way to breathe, you can dance forever, too, Tanjiro. You can be fine even in the cold. Tanjiro, all you need is this dance and these earrings. Take this from me and do not falter. It's a promise."

At that moment, realization hit him. The previous water dragon he had around his blade vanished completely, a beautiful, bright fire burning there instead. And with that fire, he was able to cut through Rui's strongest threads, closing in on the strong Demon.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/850054498402898189/