~chapter seventy-six~

Hello, everyone!

There's a memory in this chapter that I made up of the Tsugikuni siblings. Just wanted to let you know!

I hope I don't confuse any of you :)

But if you have questions, just type them out in the comments and I'll try my best to answer without spoilers!!

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

Confusion was written all over Muichiro's face as he was being pinned to the ground. "What is this about?" he asked, to which (Y/N) answered: "You're not going to hurt Tanjiro! I'll make sure of that!"

After a few moments of contemplating what to do, Muichiro pushed her back, having successfully freed himself of her grip. "You shouldn't fight!" called Tanjiro, trying to break them apart.

However, Muichiro didn't seem to hear him. Instead, he kicked the female Demon Slayer to the side, causing her to fall against a tree. She huffed her cheeks out, saying: "Now you've done it." Then, she jumped towards him, ready to throw him to the ground once more.

This time, Muichiro didn't let her do what she wanted. Within seconds, he had grabbed her by her arm and head, slamming her down onto the ground with quite some force. She passed out from the strength of this attack alone, causing Muichiro to let go of her, turning to face the other Demon Slayer, who was frozen.

-

Hitting the ground with both of her fists, the (e/c) eyed woman called out: "You're always so mean! Why don't you take it easy on me for once?" Her tone was whiny, fitting her current state. Her older brother sighed, saying: "If I go easy on you, you won't be able to learn the techniques."

"I'm telling you I am!" she replied, slightly glaring at him with her piercing, (e/c) eyes. Michikatsu only stared at her, then held his hand out towards her, saying: "Let's try it one more time, Ichika."

"Like that would change anything..." she muttered out, blowing a strand of hair out of her face before taking her brother's hand. "Ah, come on, don't be like that to me." he said, chuckling. He pulled her back to her feet, smiling kindly at her.

"What good brothers I have. The middle one's almost never around, and the oldest likes to beat me in training." she said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. At that, he lightly shook his head, saying: "And the youngest always whines about everything. The Tsugikuni siblings are weird."

After a short moment of silence, they both burst out laughing, enjoying their time spend together. Calming down again, Ichika let out a soft sigh, saying: "I wish Nii-san was here... The three of us together once more..."

Noticing that her expression turned into a sad one, Michikatsu tried to change the subject, by saying: "He's just out working. Besides, Ichika, you know you're my favorite sibling, right? Don't tell that to Yoriichi, though." Smiling lightly, she asked: "Really?" "Of course! You're adorable, and only sometimes annoying." "Wow, don't spoil me here." she replied sarcastically, causing both of them to snicker.

"Anyways, you ready?" "Always." With that, the siblings continued their training, slashing their swords in both elegant, and powerful movements.

Their fight, however, didn't last long. Just a few minutes in, Michikatsu was the victor, while Ichika was, once more, defeated. She was panting, resting against a nearby tree. "Seriously? Again?" she asked herself, looking up at the beautiful afternoon sky.

The sun was shining down mercilessly onto them, which didn't help her exhaustion at all. She slid down the tree, now sitting on the ground. "Why?" she asked out loud, looking down at her bruised hands, then at her beautifully crafted sword.

Sitting down next to her, Michikatsu said: "If I'm going easy on you, you'll die against a real Demon." "That's not what I meant." she said, looking up, meeting eyes with him. "I gave it my all, yet you can just overpower me as if it was nothing. I don't get it. I can see each of your movements perfectly fine, yet..." she explained, sighing softly.

He was about to respond, but she beat him to it. "Don't you dare say that I need to train more." A light chuckle escaped his lips as he shook his head, saying: "Alright. I won't, dear sister." Sighing once more, she leaned her head onto his shoulder, saying: "This is exhausting. But it'll pay off, right, Nii?" "Yes, it will, Ichika." he replied, closing his eyes to rest for a moment.

-

(Y/N) Pov:

I opened my eyes, quickly sitting up. "What happened?" I asked, looking at two shocked faces. Wait... Was that... a dream? But it seemed so real. Confused, I looked around me, just to check where I was.

"(Y/N)? Are you alright?" asked Tanjiro, snapping me out of my trance. I nodded, standing up. "Where's Muichiro-san?" I asked, not being able to see him anywhere. "I gave him the key, so he left." answered the kid we were originally trying to protect.

"But you didn't want to give it to him." I said, feeling bad for causing him to give away his key. "Oh, no! I was really happy. You two stood up for a complete stranger like me. Thank you so much!" said the kid, bowing down to us.

"Oh, but we didn't..." I trailed off. Tanjiro said: "No, no, we couldn't be of any use to you..." "It's fine, really! You helped me out a lot!" Then, Tanjiro asked: "So, what kind of key was it?" "It was for a mechanical doll." answered the kid, nodding proudly.

To that, I tilted my head to the side, asking: "A mechanical doll?" "Yes. My ancestors made it, and it has 180 different movements." said the kid, clearly enjoying to talk about his ancestors' work. Tanjiro was completely amazed by that.

"Whoa! Amazing!" "It's power surpasses that of humans, so it's used as a training dummy." explained the masked kid, mimicking some of the doll's movements with his arms. "Oh, I see. He was going to train..." trailed Tanjiro off, causing the kid to sigh.

He said: "Yes... But it's slowly deteriorating, and it might break soon." All of a sudden, we heard a bunch of loud noises. "The guy from before started..." trailed the kid off, clearly uneasy. He then began walking, saying: "It's over here." Tanjiro and I looked at each other, then followed after him.

Soon, we got to the battle. "That is the battle doll my ancestors made long ago. Yoriichi Zerochiki." said the kid, watching the fight in amazement. Those movements... The doll and Muichiro-san are moving so quick...! It's hard to keep up, even for me. Then, my eyes landed on the partly broken face of the doll. Huh? That face... I've seen it before! In that dream I had, I think. What could that mean?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/673288213026365569/