~chapter eleven~

(Y/N) Pov:

My eyes widened as that poor man was turned into a Demon. I was frozen in place, not believing what that man, Muzan Kibutsuji, just did in THIS crowd. I watched as Tanjiro jumped onto the, now, Demon, stuffing a piece of cloth into his mouth. "M-My husband!" yelled the woman that was attacked. "Madam! Please mind your own safety first compared to caring about your husband! (Y/N)!" I was finally able to snap out of my little trance, nodding at him. I knew what I had to do. So, without wasting any more time than I already had, I quickly went towards the woman, tending to her wound. She resisted, wanting to see her husband, so I calmly said: "Tanjiro is taking care of him for the moment. Please let me help you out, miss." She clearly hesitated, but nodded, cooperating with me.

As I finished treating the woman's wound, I turned around to check on Tanjiro, noticing that Muzan had disappeared. He was staring at me, and I immediately glared at him. I'm sure that my eyes were piercing not only his body and soul, but his very existence.

Muzan Pov:

"Kibutsuji Muzan! I won't let you get away! No matter where you run to I will pursue you till the end of hell itself! I will remove that head of yours with my blade! I will absolutely never! Forgive you!" yelled that kid at me, making me look away from that girl. I furrowed my brows before I noticed something. Those earrings... "That's right! We'll end you for sure!" added that girl. I looked back into her piercing, (e/c) colored eyes. Just like those earrings, I've seen those eyes before. They're just like- "What are you doing?!" "Are you drunk?!" "Get out of the way!" yelled three policemen, bringing me out of my thoughts.

(Y/N) Pov:

"Back off, back off!" "Out of the way!" called the officers. I was helping Tanjiro holding the Demon down, since he was thrashing around really badly. One of the officers told us to let go, to which Tanjiro said: "We can't! Please hand me some restraining equipment!" "Please!" I added, hoping they would help us. But they didn't. Instead, they started to pull us off of the poor Demon. "Please don't pull me like that! Nobody is able to hold him besides us!" explained Tanjiro, but it didn't work. I gasped as one of the officers pulled me back harshly, making me lose my grip on the Demon. He started to tug me away from Tanjiro and the Demon. I thrashed in his grip, but he held me tightly, not planning on letting go soon. "Tanjiro!" I called out, watching as he looked at me with worry. "(Y/N)!" "Pull the young man off of him!" "Understood!" "Don't do that!" I yelled, hoping they would listen, which they obviously didn't. Tanjiro yelled: "This person hasn't killed anybody yet! Please don't interfere with me, I beg you!" I was now out of sight, not able to help Tanjiro or get out of this man's grasp. Goddamnit! I didn't think they could be this much stronger than me!

Suddenly, the air around us changed. The citizens gasped, screamed, even, as the beautiful flower patterns danced across the air. "You two..." started a female voice. By now, the officer had lost his grip on me. I turned to look at her in concern and confusion. She continued: "Even the ones who have turned into a Demon... You still refer to them as a person and you are trying to save him. Then I shall lend you a hand as well." I blinked a few times before realizing that everyone else besides her, a boy next to her, Tanjiro, and me were on the ground, sleeping. That's... That woman and that boy... They're both Demons? "Why?" I heard Tanjiro asking. I quickly ran towards him, tackling him in a hug. He put his arms around me, holding me tightly, keeping his eyes on the woman and the boy. I muttered: "I thought they were going to separate us..." "I'll never let that happen." Tanjiro said, putting a small smile to my lips. He then asked: "You... What is this smell you are giving off?" The woman answered: "That's right. I- Even though I'm a Demon, I'm also a doctor. I want to eradicate that man, that calls himself Kibutsuji." Oh, so she's an ally, after all? That's great to hear!

3rd Person Pov:

After killing off three innocent citizens, Muzan Kibutsuji snapped his fingers, making two Demon's appear out of nowhere. "What is your bidding." one of them spoke, both of them kneeling in front of him. Without a single shed of humanity in his voice, Muzan said: "I want you to remove the heads of those Demon Hunters. The boy with the Hanafuda earrings, and the girl with the (e/c) eyes that's with him. Do you understand?" "Yes."

Time skip: a little later

(Y/N) Pov:

"Seriously! What I wanted to say was this! It's not about the money... If you don't eat the Udon I made, I'll never forgive you! Hold the chopsticks! What is with this bamboo? Take out that bamboo in your mouth first!" called the man that we previously ordered Udon from. He was trying to get Nezuko to eat, which, of course, didn't work. But before I could intervene, Tanjiro did. He grabbed the chopsticks from his hands, going to slurp a whole bowl of Udon in one swing. Then, he handed one to me, signaling me to do the same. I tilted my head, a confused smile on my face. "I can't... in one swing..." I tried to form a sentence, but ended up with... that. Seeing as I was taking too long to eat, which made the man visibly upset again, Tanjiro started to fill my cheeks with the food. After a few seconds, I stopped him. "S-Stop! I'll choke!" I managed to say, taking a few deep breaths. He quickly apologized, then held some noodles towards me. I sighed lightly, saying: "Thank you for the food~" before eating the noodles. After that, I slurped the soup out of the bowl, humming as I finished. "This is really good!" I commented, smiling brightly at the shop owner. He said: "As long as you understand, as long as you understand!" I giggled and waved at him as we left, walking towards the town.

"I'm so sorry, Nezuko. I left you on the side..." apologized Tanjiro, looking at his little sister with an apologetic look. How cute... I mean, with a face like that, I'd let him get away with murder! Ah, that reminds me of today. I looked to the ground, muttering: "Tanjiro..." He whipped his head in my direction, asking: "What is it, (Y/N)?" I felt the blood rushing into my cheeks as I asked: "Wh-What you said earlier... D-Did you mean it?" He tilted his head slightly, thinking. As soon as he realized what I was talking about, he smiled at me. He put both of his hands on my cheeks, bringing my face closer to his. "Of course I did. You, Nezuko, and me will always be together, I promise. I won't let anyone separate us. No matter what." That statement of his made me smile a little, leaning into his touch. I closed my eyes, hearing my heartbeat.

ba-dump, ba-dump, ba-dump

It was going faster than usual, but I didn't mind. Instead, I think it's quite a nice feeling. This warmth... "Ah. Are you waiting for us?" asked Tanjiro someone. "You know we can find you guys by following your scent, right?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.zerochan.net/2579488