~chapter seventy-five~

3rd Person Pov:

"Kanroji-sama!" called a member of the Kakushi, gaining the attention of the three Demon Slayers. "Your sword will be done very soon. We would like you to come to the workshop so we can make our final touches."

Kanroji almost sighed, letting go of the female Demon Slayer she was hugging, saying: "Aww, looks like I have to go now." "Don't worry about us! We'll see you off." offered Tanjiro, resting his hand on top of Nezuko's head.

"It's fine. I'll probably have to leave in the dead of night." said the Hashira, smiling kindly at him. "But... Well, okay then." said (Y/N), kinda sad that Kanroji had to leave already. "I'm definitely going to miss you, (Y/N)-chan! You're so cute and strong!" added the Hashira, her smile widening.

She then said: "Well, I don't really know if we'll be able to see each other alive next time, but let's just do what we can. You both survived a battle against an Upper Moon. That's already a great learning experience."

Kanroji began petting Nezuko's head, continuing her little speech. "Practically speaking, there's nothing more valuable than experiencing something like that. That's equal to five, maybe even ten years of intense training. You're definitely a lot stronger now than when I last saw you two."

Then, she smiled brightly, saying: "Mitsuri Kanroji fully supports the Kamado siblings!" That statement caused all three of them to smile, Inosuke's bubbles starting to float in the air around them.

"Thank you so much!" the Demon Slayers said at the same time, with Tanjiro adding: "But I still have a ways to go. I only 'won' because Uzui-san and (Y/N) helped me. I will work harder than ever so I can beat Muzan Kibutsuji!"

Kanroji gasped, saying: "Tanjiro-kun, you two have permission to stay here a little longer, right?" "Oh, yes. For now." he answered her. Leaning closer, she whispered to him: "I heard there's a secret weapon in this village that makes you stronger. Go look for it."

Then, she quickly backed away, saying: "Later!" while leaving with the Kakushi. "Oh, a secret weapon?" asked (Y/N), tilting her head slightly. Tanjiro nodded, saying: "I wonder if it really makes one stronger?" "Who knows?"

Time skip: the next morning

(Y/N) Pov:

We were walking though the forest by the village, trying to find any clues for the secret weapon that Kanroji-san told us about. "I wonder what this weapon is. Is it a sword? Is it buried? It's like a treasure hunt. I'm so excited!" said Tanjiro, causing me to chuckle.

I nodded, saying: "Me, too!" Tanjiro smiled at me, saying: "This is a nice place, but I still smell the hot spring from here. Hmm, maybe my nose isn't working well because I haven't fully recovered yet." "Probably." I said, noticing two people in the distance.

"Oh, someone's there. That looks like... Ah, the Mist Hashira!" I said, picking up my pace. Tanjiro quickly followed after me, asking: "What? The Mist Hashira? Really?" I nodded, answering: "Yeah, no doubt about it."

As we got closer, we were able to hear then talking. "Go away! I'm not handing my key over, no matter what! And I definitely ain't teaching you how to use it!" called the kid that was with the Hashira, a mask covering his face.

I shared a look with Tanjiro, and we silently agreed to wait for a little. However, all of a sudden, Muichiro-san hit the kid, causing us to gasp. "Hey! What are you doing?!" asked Tanjiro approaching them, with me following close behind.

"Let go of him!" said Tanjiro, grabbing Muichiro-san's arm that he used to hold onto the masked kid. "Your voice is so annoying. Who are you?" asked Muichiro-san, to which Tanjiro simply said: "What're you doing to a kid?! Get your..." However, he struggled to make the Hashira let go of the kid.

"You let go." stated the Hashira, suddenly punching Tanjiro. I gasped, quickly jumping in between them, taking a fighting stance. Since we don't have swords at the moment, hand-to-hand combat will have to do. Even if I'm not really good at it...

Muichiro-san just stared at me, asking: "Who are... you? I feel like I've met you before." Slightly confused, I said: "Well, yeah. We met twice. During the Hashira meetings." "Is that so?" His head then snapped towards Tanjiro, his eyes glued to the box that Nezuko was currently in.

"Hm? I sense something strange in that box. It feels like a Demon... What's in there? Is that-" Before Muichiro-san could say anything else, Tanjiro slapped his hand away, saying: "Don't touch." in an angered voice.

I was taken back by that, seeing that he almost never gets angry at anyone. But while they were distracted, I quickly moved around the Hashira, grabbing the kid away from him. Thanks to Uzui-san's teachings, I can move around quickly and quietly now.

"Are you okay, kid?" I asked him, setting him down next to Tanjiro. "Get away from me!" he yelled, causing me to tilt my head a little, saying: "That's not a very nice thing to say." He scoffed, turning his head away from me.

"I-I'm not handing this key over to anyone. Not even under torture. 'It' is gonna break very soon!" he yelled, shaking his head profusely. "We're not after any key, we're just-" I tried to say, but Muichiro-san cut me off.

"It seems like you're just a dumb kid who doesn't know his place. So what if it breaks? Just make another? You know, in all this time that you've been grumbling and mumbling, do you know how many people have died?" he asked the kid.

His expression darkened ever so slightly as he said: "Unlike you people, a Hashira's time is extremely important. You'd understand if you thought a little. Swordsmiths can't fight. They can't save lives. Making weapons is all they're good for. Come on. Key."

He held his hand out expectantly, but the kid didn't comply. So, Tanjiro stood in front of the boy, blocking the Hashira's view of him. "What's this about?" asked Muichiro-san, staring at Tanjiro in confusion.

"This... This just... doesn't sit right with me! I'm not exactly sure why! What about consideration?! You can't just forget to be considerate here! That's just cruel!" yelled Tanjiro, full on angry at this point.

"Am I acting cruel?" asked Muichiro-san, still not seeming to get anything at all. Tanjiro said: "You are correct! Everything you said is more or less right. But even though you're not wrong, swordsmith have a very important and crucial job!"

I nodded once, showing that I fully supported what Tanjiro was saying. He continued: "They possess amazing skills that are different from swordsmen's! Because frankly, if they don't forge swords for us, we can't do anything at all, right? Swordsmen and swordsmiths need each other to function properly. They both fight the same fight. We fight every day, albeit in different places."

"Sorry. I don't have time to talk about dumb stuff." said Muichiro-san, his voice as empty as his expression. He went to knock Tanjiro unconscious, but I was quicker than he was. I basically threw myself at him, knocking him off of his feet, causing us both to fall to the ground.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.de/pin/618470961326004046/