~chapter twenty-four~

Just a quick AN!

I've decided to update this book once a week, with no certain day of publishing.

That's because I failed to manage to update every Wednesday... There will still be a chapter published once a week, so don't worry about that!

Oh, and thank you all soo much for reading :))

Now, enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Time skip: at Mountain Natagumo

(Y/N) Pov:

"Wait! Can you please wait?" called Zenitsu, falling to the  ground while hugging his knees. He's been like this for the past hour, and to be honest, I'm done with it. "It's so scary! It feels so much more scarier the closer we get to our destination!"

Inosuke said:" Why is this guy sitting down? You really piss me off..." "You're the only one I don't want to get any complaints from, you pig head!" yelled Zenitsu, and I just stopped listening to them.

I'm getting a headache... "Hey, you okay?" asked Tanjiro, bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked at him, nodding with a small smile. "I am. They're just really loud, and-" I stopped midsentence as I spotted someone in the distance. "(Y/N)?"

I stared at the person, saying: "He's injured!" before rushing towards the forest. It was still quite a bit away, so I was running almost a full minute. As I reached him, he said: "Save... Save me..." I noticed that he was wearing the same uniform as we were, meaning that he's a Demon Slayer, too.

"What happened to you? How are your wounds?" I asked him, about to help him up. A hand on my shoulder stopped me. I glanced over, watching as Tanjiro pulled me back. "Wait a second. His smell is..." he said, sniffing the air.

I looked back at the man, noticing the threads that were attached to him. And then, just like that, he was pulled back into the forest by those very same threads. My eyes widened as he screamed: "Even I was...! Save me!"

I covered my mouth with my hands, muttering a: "No way..." I held tightly onto Tanjiro's Haori, saying: "Threads... There were threads on him." "Threads? Is that the strange smell?" I nodded at him, tightening my grip.

He put a hand on my head in an attempt to calm me down, saying: "Let's go and save him." I slowly nodded, taking a deep breath. From our left, Inosuke screamed: "I shall be the vanguard! You can just bring your trembling buttocks and follow me! I'm hungry!"

This guy... "He's just waiting for a chance to go all-out..." noted Zenitsu, still cowering on the ground. I asked: "Are you coming with us?" He immediately shook his head, saying: "No way, no way, no way!" I sighed lightly, saying: "Suit yourself. See you later, Zenitsu." With that, we other three, and Nezuko, entered the forest.

Once inside, I was looking around everywhere, a disgusted expression on my face. "Gross. Just gross." I said, walking closely behind Tanjiro. "You don't like spiders?" he asked, making me shake my head immediately. "There's so many of them! I mean, look at them! They're watching us with their eight eyes... That's creepy..."

"And those spiderwebs everywhere! So annoying!" added Inosuke, destroying some webs with his hands. "Inosuke!" called Tanjiro out, making the boar man turn around, asking: "What is it?!"

With a sincere smile, Tanjiro said: "Thank you. You coming along really brings me a lot of confidence. The mountain is emitting some sort of twisted and unnatural smell. It's making my body of into a slight bit of shock. Thank you."

And there they were again. Those bubbles floating around Inosuke. He seemed completely frozen in his state. I had to chuckle at him, saying: "Earth to Inosuke, you still there?" while waving my hand in front of his face.

"There's someone over there." noted Tanjiro, pointing towards him. I quickly turned my head, trying to find out if he's injured or not. "He's a bit injured, and there are no threads on him." I said, starting to head towards him.

As we reached him, Tanjiro put a hand on his shoulder, scaring the poor man. He was about to draw his sword, but stopped once he saw us. "We're here for support. I am Kamado Tanjiro, a Mizunoto."

"Mizunoto..." repeated the man, looking at him with wide eyes. "Mizunoto?! Why didn't they send a Hashira?! The result will be the same, no matter how many Mizunoto come! It's pointless, and-!" He was interrupted by a fist colliding with his face.

"I-Inosuke!" I called out, watching as Tanjiro tried to pry him off of the poor man. "So annoying! If you keep on insisting that things are pointless, then your very existence is pointless. Hurry up and explain the situation, you coward!"

He held the man by his hair, and safe to say, the man started explaining. Not the method I like, but it at least worked out, right? "After... After receiving our commands from the crow, 10 members got here... However, after entering into the woods, the other Demon Hunters... They started to... to kill each other!"

3rd Person Pov:

A Demon with long, white hair sat on a stone, her hands moving gracefully through the chilly air, commanding threads around. Her beautiful face was painted with red circles, all connected in a certain pattern. Part of her hair was put through shining, green beads, complimenting her very pale skin.

She was muttering something to herself, something that someone could only understand once they got closer. "Alright, my beautiful dolls... Dance your hearts out before your limbs are torn apart."

Meanwhile, a man with a giant scar across the upper half of his face held a Kasugai Crow. He patted it carefully, saying: "You flew back here as fast as you could..." The Crow was panting heavily.

"My swordsmen are almost all eliminated. There might be a member of the Twelve Kizuki there. It seems there is a need to send Hashira to the scene. Giyuu, Shinobu." The two Pillars answered him immediately, by saying: "Orders received."

The girl with black and violet hair, Shinobu Kocho, said: "If we could all get along together, everything would be great. No matter if it's humans or Demons. Tomioka-san, don't you think so as well?"

The Water Hashira, Giyuu Tomioka, kept his emotionless expression, saying: "As long as Demons still eat humans, that sort of thinking is just a fantasy." The female Pillar chuckled, standing up. "That's what you always say, Tomioka-san." He kept quiet as he, too, stood up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=1065611&lang=German