【𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋】

ELARA WAS PACING BACK AND FORTH outside of her house in the green dress her great-grandmother had made

ELARA WAS PACING BACK AND FORTH outside of her house in the green dress her great-grandmother had made. "Why are you waiting out here? You must be freezing."

Feeling a fuzzy sweater drape over her shoulders, Elara looks at the person. "I-I'm waiting for James and his family to show, I admit...I'm getting nervous," Reese looks at her with a bored expression.

"And so you plan to freeze to death out here? Tsk, give me back my sweater, you're a lunatic." Elara hands her the coat and instead Reese grips onto Elara's wrist before dragging her inside. "Reece!"

"Oh shut up, your mother is asking for you. I was looking for your arse everywhere, bitch, wasted my freaking time," Reese sneers before leading her up the stairs. "Now if I remember correctly, James should be here any minute with his traitor family. You, Elara Black, are a host above all tonight, you have a grand entrance."

"Right...forgot about that."

"No worries, you stupid lug, I'm here so you won't make an embarrassment out of yourself." Elara shakes her head before being pushed into a room where her sisters, brothers-in-law, and parents were. "Thank you, Reese, we'll take it from here," Druella tells the Zabini girl, who nods with an innocent smile on her face before leaving the room.

Bellatrix closes the door, "Is he here yet? I want to meet the man who captured my sister's heart, I want to see if he's worthy-"

"Bella, enough," Cygnus sternly says before looking at his youngest. "I hope your decision doesn't disappoint us, Lara, our family name is at stake." Elara hums, "He's a good person, from a good family, you'll like him."

Narcissa and Bellatrix give each other a look. "I'm sure we will," Druella says before hearing the piano play. "It's time, oh, Bella, please do not trip over your dress this time."

Bellatrix chokes on her spit. "I-it was one time!"

"Rodolphus, hold her close, will you? She can be such a pest at times," Narcissa teases her older sister before squeaking once Bellatrix glares at her. "Everyone, calm down," Cygnus orders before the double doors open.

Rabastan stood next to Elara, the both of them standing behind Narcissa and Lucius. "I'm starving," Rabastan mutters as quietly as he could. Elara hums in agreement. Her parents reach the bottom of the stairs before saying their welcoming speech. Elara looks around the enormous ballroom, her eyes finally landing on James.

"Are those...the Potters?" Rabastan asks her in a whisper. "What are blood traitors doing here?"

"James Potter is my boyfriend."