【𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝟒 𝐌𝐄】

JAMES POTTER NEVER imagined being in detention by himself, on the first day of his 5th year too

JAMES POTTER NEVER imagined being in detention by himself, on the first day of his 5th year too. He mopes around the library with a duster, cleaning the shelves. 'Darn McGonagall for taking away my wand,' he thinks before picking up some books from the table close to him. He turns around to see Elara Black coming into the library. "Shit," he whispers before hiding behind a shelf. 

"Madam Pince? I brought back the muggle book you lent me," he hears her say. 'What's a Slytherin doing with a muggle book?'

James peaks over the shelf, she wasn't there. He let out a breath before turning around. There she stood, "Bloody hell!" He yells before tripping over a book. "Are you okay?" She asks him worriedly and he groans on the floor. "Yeah, I'm fine," he mutters, she held in a giggle before extending her hand. "Here, let me help you," she said and he looks at her hand before taking it.

She helps him up, he instantly towers over her. "You really fell for me there," she jokes, making him crack a smile. "You scared the shit out of me," he says before picking up the books. "Madam Pince had to help Dumbledore, Minnie left me to clean up the library," he says and she lightly tilts her head, her eyebrows furrow. "Minnie?"

He clears his throat, "Professor McGonagall," he clears her confusion. "Right, do I leave my book with you or-"

"Yeah, with me, just put it on the table I'll get it after I put these ones away," he says and she nods. "Do you...do you need help?" She asks him and he thinks about it, he is tired, he is alone. "No, Slytherins and Gryffindors don't work well together," he spits out bitterly and a flash of hurt shown on her face. Elara was quick to cover it with a smile.

"Then I wish you good luck, you'll be here all night," she says coldly before turning her back to him, she flicked her wand and all the books of two shelves fell to the floor. 

"James? You kinda spaced out," Elara says, placing her hand on his shoulder. 'Did I just imagine that?'

"Imagine what?" Elara asks and he shakes his head. "What did you say?" He asks her and she looks at him in confusion. "I asked if you needed help," she mutters and he shakes his head. "No, I'm fine," he says and she smiles at him. "Okay, see you in class tomorrow, James," she said and he nods. He watches her leave the library. "You're not what people say you are," he whispers before sighing.

"Why was I such an ass to her?"

...

"Listen Elara, we've known each other since childhood, all I want is one date," Alexander Avery begs his friend. Elara continues to walk towards their first class. "Xander, you're engaged to Zabini's sister, it's not fair to her," Elara tells him, Alexander rolls his eyes. "Reece Zabini fuck every living thing she sees, what's one date-"

"Alexander, I said no," Elara passes her cousin and his friends before sitting in the back. Alice sits next to her, "Hi," she whispers before Lily and her clan walk inside the classroom. "Alice, why are you sitting next to her?" Marlene asks Alice, "I-"

"Come sit upfront with us," Dorcas says, Lily flashes her and Elara a tight smile. Alice turns towards Elara, "Sorry," she mutters before getting up. "It's fine, Frank just came in," she said as Frank walks towards her. "Evil Evans snatched her away again?" Frank whispers and she nods. "I think she's still bitter about the accident that happened in 3rd year."

...

Elara Black picked up her things before realizing Lily Evans dropped her scarf. "Xander, I'm going to give Lily her scarf, save me a seat?" She asks her friend and he nods. "Hurry, I don't want Reece to sit next to me," he says, she runs out of the class and into the hall. She looks around for a certain redhead and she smiles, seeing Lily Evans. 

She walks up to Lily, "Hey-" Elara accidentally pushes Lily into Marlene, who was carrying some paint. Blue paint spilled over Lily's new robes. "How could you?" Lily screeches out loud. Elara takes a step back.

"I-I didn't mean to-"

"Y-you d-didn't?" Lily mimics Elara before ripping her scarf out of Elara's grasp. "We aren't friends anymore, snake," Lily sneers before stomping away, leaving a trail of blue paint.

...

"I remember that- it was funny, she looked like a blueberry," Frank whispers, making her laugh. James Potter looked over his shoulder, Elara and Frank were cracking jokes. He didn't like the sight of someone making her laugh. 'Wait...what?' 

"Jamesy, what are you looking at?" Remus asks his friends before looking behind his shoulder as well. "Who are you looking at?" Remus asks and James shrugs. "Nobody important," he mutters before looking at the board.

...

"James, what's wrong with you?" Peter asks the spaced-out Potter. James looks at him in confusion, "Nothing is wrong, why?"

Remus, Sirius, and Peter look at each other before looking at him. "You haven't muttered a word about Lily all day," Sirius says and James' eyes widen. "Oh no, she must think I don't love her anymore!" James was about to run away but Sirius holds onto him. "Ever since dinner yesterday you started acting weird-" James cuts Sirius off. "I'm okay, honest," he says before looking over Sirius' shoulder.

Elara Black was walking with Alexander Avery and her cousin, Regulus Black. Sirius and his friends turn around to look at what he was looking at. "Why are you looking at the enemy?" Sirius asks monotonously as he eyes his cousin. James scoffs, "She's extra ugly today," he fibs and Remus shakes his head. "Why do we hate her again?" He asks while thinking of his past encounters with the sweet Slytherin.

"She isn't so bad," Peter adds and Sirius growls. "She's a Slytherin, a liar so don't let her fool you, she's like the rest of my family," he tells them bitterly as she exits the hall. "I honestly forgot you two were related," Remus says, Sirius looks at him before sighing. "Just don't trust her."

...

"If our mothers found out you keep hanging out with Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs, they'll gang up to kill you," Regulus tells his older cousin. "Reg, stop being thinking like that, I've been safe from their wrath so far," she jokes as she sees an owl land in front of her. "Electra," she coos she pets her sister's bird.

"Is that Andromeda's owl?" Regulus asks her and Alexander's ears perk up. "The one who got disowned?"

Elara glares at her friend, "Don't remind me, it's already tough knowing I'll probably never see her again," Elara mutters before taking the letter. "What did she send?" Regulus asks once Elara smiles at the letter. "Yesterday was my niece's birthday, I sent her a toy, look," she passes the picture to him.

A three-year-old Nymphadora playing with the huge stuffed Niffler. "She's so cute, I wish I could hug her," Elara whispers sadly before taking back the picture. 

Alexander and Regulus look at her with sympathy, "You'll meet her one day Lara," Alexander tells her, she looks at him with a small smile. "Yeah...one day."