【𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐔𝐒 & 𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐘】

"LARA!" ALICE SQUEALS OUT BEFORE RUNNING TO HUG HER BEST FRIEND. "It's not like she died or something," Regulus mutters while walking beside Alexander and Frank. Elara hugs everyone with a small smile. "It's good to see you all again, I almost forgot how everyone looks like," she jokes.

Alexander smiles at his old crush. "It's good to have you back Lara, you missed quite a bit," he tells her and she awkwardly smiles. "Hopefully nothing major," she says before looking away, not catching the look Alex gave her cousin.

"Come, James is going to be ecstatic that you're here!"

-

"My girlfriends here and I didn't get her anything!" James grips onto his hair while pacing back and forth. Peter looks away from his food, "Why do you have to get her something?" Sirius shakes his head, "My dear friend, you have much to learn about women. Also, Jamesy, just get her some flowers."

"Who likes flowers nowadays?"

Remus ignores them, he just continues to read the newspaper and munch on a chocolate bar. James stops and looks at the entrance, his worries melt away when he sees his girlfriend. Peter and Sirius look at his line of sight. "She's here," they say in unison and James starts walking towards the small group.

"I don't want a girlfriend," Peter mutters while stuffing some bread in his mouth. Sirius chuckles, "You want a boyfriend?" He jokes while looking at him. "Maybe," Peters muffled voice replies. Sirius' face turns into a shocked one and so does Remus'. Peter just shrugs.

James walks back to his friends with an arm over Elara's shoulders. "Hi guys," she waves at her cousin and friends. "How was prison?" Sirius asks his cousin. Elara shrugs, "Normal, I missed them," she replies softly. Sirius hums, only Elara will actually find the good in the family.

"I met with my brothers-in-law, my sisters, hung out with my mother most of the time," Elara adds and Sirius nods awkwardly. James however kept staring as his girlfriend kept talking, a small smile pasted on his face.

. . .

"Hey, Marlene, Dorcas," Lily says before sitting down next to them. "What did I miss?" She asks them and Dorcas eyes Marlene before looking back to Lily. "Nothing much happened, few rumors going around about some 7th years but nothing majorly interesting," Dorcas answers her.

Marlene scoffs, "Nothing interesting? How about when Zabini and Avery were caught making out multiple times by that ghastly squib?" Lily raises an eyebrow. "Why would that be interesting to us? We always knew they'd be something," Lily said and Dorcas passes her a cup of water. 

"Speaking of something," Dorcas giggles out and she motions her head toward the entrance. Lily and Marlene look. Lily blushes as she sees Severus walking into the dining room. "He always had this thing for you, it's cute," Dorcas adds, making Lily smile slightly at the only Slytherin she likes.

Marlene shakes her head, loathing any and every Slytherin insight. "He's so ugly when he attempts to smile," she sneers out and Dorcas rolls her eyes. "Maybe you should try it for once," she mutters. Marlene growls, "What did you say?"

Dorcas shrugs, "I didn't say anything," she fibs and Marlene's eye twitches before looking at Lily. "I'm going to say hi to him, wait here for me?" She asks but leaves the two without hearing their responses.

"Listen, Dorcas, we've been friends for quite a while but if you have something against me...say it to my face before I get offended and you get hurt," Marlene whispers and Dorcas looks at her in shock. "Are...are you threatening me, Marlene?"

Marlene stands up before leaning closer to Dorcas. "Of course not," she smiles, "it's a warning."

Dorcas widened eyes look at her retreating figure, not noticing Lily and Severus had come to sit across from her. "Did Marlene have to go somewhere?" Lily asks her friend. Dorcas looks at her, "Erm, yes, I'm sorry Lils, I have somewhere to go too," she says before getting up and leaving. 

Severus sighs, "Your friends don't like me very much," he says before running a hand through his black hair. Lily smiles down at her lap before looking up at him. "I like you," she whispers, and Severus blushes. "What about Potter?"

Lily shrugs, "Over this suspension, I came to think about everything, I was jealous that after so many attempts to get at me he just gave up and fell in love with Elara. I became blind about my own feelings, my true feelings toward..." she pauses, making Severus look at her awkwardly.

"My true feelings towards you. I-I like you Sev," she confesses and Severus bites his bottom lip, holding in a smile. "I like you too," he says and she smiles. "And what are you going to do about it?"

He rests his chin on his hand. "Can I take you on a date?" He asks her and she nods. 

-

Sirius looks at them from across the room. "Snivellus has no game...it's funny," he says while laughing. Remus rolls his eyes, "Funny? It's sad."

"Sad? It's hilarious!" Peter exclaims while laughing with Sirius.

. . .

Elara and James were in their secret meadow, James resting against the tree while she rests against his chest.

"I really did miss this," James said while breaking the silence. Elara blushes, "I did too but I was only gone for a few days." James rests his chin on her head, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Want some strawberries?"

 Elara nods, James passes her the bowl before wrapping his arms around her again. "Hey, James?" He looks down at her. "Yeah Lara?"

"Would you be willing to meet my parents during the Gala they're hosting?"