【𝐔𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒】

ELARA AND JAMES are friends and when they were seen joking with each other everyone couldn't believe their eyes

ELARA AND JAMES are friends and when they were seen joking with each other everyone couldn't believe their eyes. Sirius, Remus, and Peter looked at them with wide eyes as they entered the Great Hall for lunch. Elara went to sit at the Slytherin table and he walks toward his friends.

"Were you with her all day yesterday?" Peter asks and James nods. "Potter," Lily Evans says and he looks at her. "Yes, love of my life?" 

"What were you doing with Black," she asks him and Sirius grabs James' hand. "We're a couple, darling, get with the program,"  he says in a girl's voice. "Not you wanker, the other one, Ellie," Lily said and James smirks, "It's Elara and what? You're jealous Lily-Pad?" He asks her and she scoffs. "Never, just wondering," she said and James glances at Elara before looking back to the girl he's had a crush on since day one.

"She's my friends, we're friends now."

"You're friends with a snake?"

"Aren't you friends with one?" He asks her, reminding her about Snape. She scoffs, "He's not like the rest of them," she says before walking away. "That's the first time I've seen you not tremble in her presence," Remus said while he looks at him in surprise. "He's like a new man," Peter comments as James bites into an apple.

"Okay," Sirius slams his hands on the table. "What's going on between you two? I won't get mad, you can tell me," Sirius said while clasping his hands together. "We skipped all day yesterday-"

"OLD NEWS!"

James rolls his eyes, "We're just friends, what's wrong with it?"

"She's my cousin," Sirius grits out and James shrugs, "You hate her so, I don't see the problem," he says and Peter watches the two of them bicker as he eats some animal crackers. "James...we're supposed to hate her-"

"Why?" James asks him, getting mad, "Why are we supposed to hate her?" James turns towards Remus, "Do you know why?" Remus shakes his head, James looks at Peter, who shakes his head. "Tell me, Sirius, is it because you thought she'd be like you? When we first met you and her you said she was going to be in Hufflepuff. After spending time with her, I can see it, however, she does have Slytherin qualities, she proved to me that not all Slytherins are rude. Elara's a nice person in my opinion and I regret bulling her, give her a chance," James tells his friends and his eyes lock with Sirius.

"He's right Sirius, she's good," Remus said and Sirius crosses his arms, looking at Peter. "You going to stab my back as well?" 

Peter looks at him nervously, "They're right-"

"Oh Merlin, you've killed me!" Sirius exclaims and he stomps away.

...

"So you spent the whole day with Potter yesterday? I was about to put your face on a milk carton, I was worried," Alice jokes as she gently removes the fangs of the Fanged Geranium plant. "Milk carton?" Elara asks in confusion and Alice shakes her head. "Do you not pay attention in Muggle Studies? And you have a better grade than me, why?" Alice asks rhetorically. 

"Hey Alice," Elara mutters and Alice looks at her friend, "What?"

"What do you think of Frank?" Elara asks her and Alice freezes. "What about Frank?" Elara smirks, "You know, his personality, his features, anything," Alice purses her lips as a bit of blush coats her cheeks. 

"He is cute- but only a little bit!" Alice exclaims, Elara smirks. "Would you say yes if he asked you out?" She asks and Alice looks at Elara. "Yes-"

"You would?" Frank said from behind her, Alice jumps. "Oh, idiot!" She punches Frank's shoulder. "Ow," he whines and she shakes her head before glaring at Elara. "You set me up," she sneers and Elara smiles at her friends. "I did, Frank," she calls and Frank picks up some Fanged Geranium. "Alice, will you go on a date with me?" He asks her and she smiles.

"Okay," she says and he jumps up, "Yes," he whispers, before yelping. "Ow," he yells and he drops the plant. "Idiot, that's Fanged Geranium," Alice scolds him, "Kiss it?" Frank asks her a baby voice.

Alice rolls her eyes out of annoyance. "No, let's go to Madam Pomfrey," Alice picks up the flowers. "-we'll back Elara," Alice tells her and Elara nods.

Sirius stops in front of her, she looks at her cousin awkwardly. "Siri," she says and he glares at her. "Sirius, not Siri," he corrects his old nickname. "Well what do you want, Siri?" She asks him, annoyance written all over her face. He rolls his eyes, "Stay away from James," he sneers and she scoffs. "It really bothers, doesn't it? That I'm friends with your best mate, your Slytherin cousin," she sneers back.

"Get used to it Siri, now get away I have to finish my plant," she says and Sirius glares at her. "I'm going to tell Aunt Druella," he threatens, making her laugh. "You won't, you hate her, you hate your entire family, the last thing you'd want to do is to write a letter to my mother," she says and his eye twitches. "I won't come up to you again, stay away."

Elara looks at her cousin's retreating figure, she hated being angry, it really brought out the worst of her. She loves Sirius, no matter what he does. He's her blood, nothing will change that. She wishes they were as close they were when they were younger.

...

"Hey Elara," James says and he gives her a hug. "Hello James, where are you going?" She asks him as he walks with her down the stairs. They just finished their class of Astronomy, it was all a mess. Lily, her friends, and Sirius were glaring at Elara. Alexander was glaring at James, the whole thing was awkward.

"I'm walking my favorite Slytherin to the Great Hall, of course," he says after slinging an arm over her shoulders making her laugh. "I'm not going to Dinner, I'm not hungry, I need the extra time to study for the exam tomorrow in Muggle Studies," she says and James' smile falls. "There's an exam?"

"James," she mutters tiredly and he chuckles. "I'm only joking, can I walk you to your common room?" He asks her and she nods. 

"How was your day, I know we have all but one class together, Herbology, how was that?" He asks her, she thought back to Sirius. 

"It was fine, Frank got bite by a Fanged Geranium, poor bloke," she mutters and she looks up at him. "And how was Care of Magical Creatures?" 

"Scary, if I'm being honest, we met a baby hippogriff, it rammed into my leg and dropped me," he says and she laughs. "You think it's funny? I have a nasty bruise now," he adds and she laughs harder.

Both of them don't notice Lily glaring at the pair of them from afar.