【𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊】

sorry for the long wait! also a bit of a trigger warning in this chapter!

REGULUS AND HARRIET MADE IT TO THE CAVE

REGULUS AND HARRIET MADE IT TO THE CAVE. The waters were treacherous like they could rip right through the surrounding rocks. "Reg," Harriet starts, looking around the cave. "Doesn't seem threatening yet."

"Yet," he repeats and his eyes land on a small boat. Harriet stands beside him, using her magic to light up the cave, Regulus does the same. "The water looks dark Reggie, I think there's something in it." Regulus looks around, finding a large rock before he throws it in.

Pirhana-like creatures attack the place where the rock hit. "That looks fun!" Harriet jokes and looks at her boyfriend, who looks at her with no expression. She clears her throat, "R-right, well the boat looks safe on the water, maybe that's out way across?"

Regulus looks at the piece of land in the middle of the water. Apparating onto it. "Or that works too!" Harriet yells and does the same. They walk to a little fountain, seeing a little ladle. "I think we drink it," she points out the obvious. "I think so Harriet, a simple spell won't get what's at the bottom," Regulus sighs out.  He still tries out a spell or two before huffing in annoyance.

He takes the ladle but Harriet gets it out of his hands. "What do you think you're doing?" He asks her and she scoops up some of the water. "I'm doing this part," she tells him and he tries to take away the ladle. "Harriet, this might be a trick-" she drinks it.

"Ooh, bitter," she chokes out and he scoffs. "You're stupid, hurry then, drink the rest of it." Harriet grins a bit, doing as he says. After drinking it a bit she grows a bit weak. "Harriet?" He notices how she's holding onto the fountain. "A-almost done," she says and she scoops out the last bit before drinking it.

Regulus gets a bit worried, seeing her grab the necklace. "Funny, after drinking that I'm still a bit thirsty," she whispers and hands him the necklace. "You did well, we should go home now," he says after putting a fake necklace into the fountain.

 Harriet falls to the ground, Regulus picks her up. "You're freezing," he points out and she shivers. "Yeah, just a bit. Regulus look out!" Some creatures climb out of the water. Regulus uses his wand to keep them away. "We need to go!"

"Regulus," Harriet whispers and he looks at her. "What is it, Harriet?"

She softly smiles, and she closes her eyes. "In my dreams, it showed that you were destined to die here." He teleports both of them out of the cave. "Harriet, what are you talking about?" He asks slowly and she grabs his hands, feeling weak. "Regulus, that water was poisonous, you were supposed to drink it, and then die."

His eyes widen, "Harriet...you drank that water, don't tell me-"

"I'm going to die Regulus," she mutters sadly and he tears up. "You're not going to die, the war isn't over yet, remember? After everything is done we're going to New York. You've always wanted to go to New York," he tells her, and she places a hand on his cheek.