Elaine's Backstory 2

To say he was stunned was an understatement, her mother went to such lengths to prove her hate for cripples was astonishing. It was clear that what her mother said and did in the mental hospital managed to finally get to her. Though, what happened was unfortunate Elaine came out a better person. 

Elaine wiped the stray tear that fell even though she tried not to in front of him. It was a sign of weakness, something you shouldn't show to someone of so much power. John, Seraphina, Arlo, Remi, Blyke, and Isen somehow managed to correct the hierarchy system beyond Wellston. She only helped with the information she gathered from being pulled into all of this. It was the only thing she could do other than healing them when they were hurt. Seraphina managed to finally get through to John, it was a long time coming and she was glad that John could see that the Royals made their mistakes and are trying to correct them. Keon, someone who represented the Authorities came to question Blyke but surprisingly, he turned it on him. Blyke asked questions about EMBER and why the Authorities are taking so long to take them down. From what she heard he managed to get through it alive, he told a half-truth. 

EMBER and the Authorities were finally taken down, her problems were nothing compared to it. She realized that just because she held power did not mean that she should abuse it and use it to compare everyone with it. They were all humans.

It felt good to finally get it off her chest but Arlo's reasoning was odd. Why would he suddenly want to know what happened to her former dislike with cripples? Just because of her sudden character change?

Elaine couldn't look at him after crying so she spoke while looking at her shoes, "is that all you wanted to know? If it is I would like to use my remaining free-period to study on the roof." With that, she got off the desk and picked up the books that she dropped on the floor near the door. With one final look at Arlo, she closed the door with a loud slam.

He knew she wasn't mad at him, she was in a vulnerable state and rebuilt her walls. He would know since his were thick and high, he is notorious for being hard to get close to. He didn't owe her an apology, they both know that rather have a heart-to-heart talk again. To know that he understood where she was. He closed his eyes briefly and sighed, now that he understood her change of heart he could be slightly more open towards her. He got up and walked out the door as if nothing happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elaine recovered from her earlier confrontation with Arlo and is back to normal. She's slightly uncomfortable with Arlo knowing this much about her, he hasn't opened up enough for her to know too much about him, just the basics. If John knew in the past he would have definitely used it to hang above her head, at least the person who noticed wouldn't use it against her. She was being honest she doesn't know what he would do with the new information. 

She silently followed the students out the school doors to walk back to her shared dorm. Seraphina texted her that she and John would be going to the mall right after school so as not to wait up for her. Remi would be coming over a little while later for a shared project, the duo of chaos would be at the arcade, something about stealing little kid's prizes. Elaine couldn't tell if they were joking or not given that they could very much be serious. When she arrived she didn't expect to find Remi on the coach.

Noticing the arrival of her friend Remi looked up from her notebook to see Elaine at the doorstep. She gave Elaine a sheepish smile, "sorry didn't mean to intrude but I uh didn't want to get dragged by Isen to steal little kid's prizes. Thought I would use the extra key you gave me to let myself in." 

That was a half-lie, Remi heard Elaine and Arlo's conversation today and wanted to know if she wanted to talk about it. Isen was going to drag her with him and Blyke but she shocked him before that could happen, he wasn't exactly taking 'no' for an answer. Blyke dragged him away before he would ask again and kissed her on the cheek before they went to do who knows what.