March Break Part 4

John's eyes widened when he noticed Remi, Darren, and Sera all fell to the ground one after the other. He saw the gas coming faster than the others and put up a barrier covering both him and Leilah. When Blyke attempted to stop the viper, Arlo noticed the gas starting to surround them as well and also put up his barrier covering him, Blyke, Isen, and Elaine. After that multiple things happened at once.

The 20 or so ice shards pierced the plexiglass window and narrowly skimmed Sera's falling form. Her left arm is covered in cuts, not deep but still alarming. The crimson viper hit Arlo's barrier with extreme force, the barrier started to crack. Arlo's mouth started to fill with the metallic taste of blood but he held the barrier. The viper hissed at them as it repeatedly hit the barrier, 3 times already and the barrier was almost shattered. The viper moved backward to gain the momentum it needs to completely shatter the annoying barrier.

Leilah noticed it too, if the viper were to hit Arlo's barrier one more time it would completely fall, Elaine would take the brunt of the poisonous viper, while the rest would fall asleep because the gas was still present. They would most likely fall overboard as well, they are right beside the open door. From the ear-piercing scream, she heard earlier coming from the closed door of the pilot's room one of the pilots is down and out of the count. The plexiglass window must have broken as well so Reginald must be unconscious right now. Her limits were about to be reached as well, if she left John to be the only one holding the jet in the air and hold the barrier around them he wouldn't be able to hold it for more than 8 minutes, not enough time.

She took a shuddering breath and looked at John, his eyes remained on the sleeping form of her sister. "John," no reply, "John," a little louder but still no reply, "JOHN!" She all but yelled at him, he whipped his head to her, startled. Leilah exhaled through her nose and looked out the window, they weren't far from the private beach they were supposed to be at right now. If she could get to the pilot room fast enough she could fly them to it in less than 6 minutes but at extreme speeds.

She looked back at John and it seemed like he got her plan from the size of his eyes, she nodded. "We need to release the jet, when that happens I'm going to try to get to the pilot's room before the gas affects me to fly us to the beach. The fluothane should disappear if we get far enough. I want you to keep a slight hold on it because the jet is going to tip from the hit it took earlier."

She spoke loud enough for the rest of the teens to hear, they couldn't argue, it was the only choice that would keep the damage they would take to a minimal level. Arlo was reaching his limits on holding such a big barrier that's keeping the gas and the viper at bay. It was already cracked and was ready to fall. Elaine was close to falling unconscious just from the overexertion of using her ability to such a level.

They all nodded, ready to get her plan into action.

She looked at the fast-coming viper that was approaching the barrier yet again, ready to bring it down.

"One........."

The viper was only seconds away from hitting them.

"Two........."

She didn't notice it but a red glow and a light blue shine were approaching them at an alarming rate.

"Thr-!" "Now! The two douchebags are firing at-!"

Before Isen could finish informing them a blast of fire and ice cut him off. Arlo's barrier finally fell, Blyke took the brunt of the fire and ice attacks, and Isen went to close the door before the viper could hit them as well. John and Leilah both simultaneously let go of the jet, Leilah ran as fast as she could to the pilot's room, holding her breath as well. The jet tipped enough that the viper missed the chance to hit Elaine.
However, the viper managed to shoot some poison at her, she instinctively raised her arms to defend herself. She has enough energy to heal herself to an extent, her head was starting to hurt and her surroundings were starting to spin.