Support System

Mmm girls supporting girls chapter, love it.

She panted, chest heaving as she sucked in the air into her lungs. Her vision blurred momentarily, the fluorescent lights blinding her before she screwed her eyes shut and blinked in quick succession. She squinted, eyes focusing on the punching bag before her arm surged forward. The impact caused the bag to swing violently before she steadied it and punched at it again.

'Not good enough,' she thought to herself bitterly.
She adjusted her crumpled wrappings around her fist, not disturbed by the sweaty, sticky mess of the wrappings covering her hands. If it protected her from some of the impacts, it worked.

She repositioned herself and struck again.

Again.

Again.

Again.

This continued, time passing by unbeknownst to the young woman. She couldn't feel the sting of her knuckles after being repeatedly rained down on the punching bag. Her stomach growled, her body aching for a reprieve, some rest, some food. But, she ignored it all. She had to make herself useful. She had to find a way to busy herself, to actually help out.

She wobbled on the spot, losing her footing. She stumbled back, her hand coming to rest on her forehead, her head was spinning. She found the nearest wall, supporting herself up for a second.

The sweat on the messed up wrappings had her slipping down as a heap on the ground.

Her hands came to rest on her head, fighting the black spots swimming in her vision, fighting her stomach that begged for some nutrition, fighting her body as it weighed with exhaustion.

She started kicking at the punching bag, grunting from the excursion. Her body was screaming for a break but she couldn't, if she did she would be wasting valuable time of training, of opportunities to actually be able to protect someone instead of her being protected.

She was useless.

Utterly useless.

She tilted her head up, taking a second to take a breather. The lights hit her, putting her in the spotlight of the empty room.

She put herself on such a high pedestal but the moment she plummeted toward the harsh reality she completely broke. Without her ability who was she? Was she really just the puppet her parents groomed her to be? She shook the thought away, no, she was her own person. Her old self would have never bothered training her body over her ability. Why would she have needed to if she was a goddamn god-tier? She was the Queen, the Ace, the strongest person in Wellston the number one ranked school. She used to be all of that.

Distantly, she could hear a knock somewhere nearby, the sound echoing throughout the dorm room, but she ignored it.

Now, now, she was a powerless high schooler who needs saving every time she walked into the school.

She made a frustrated noise, sounding much louder than it was in the dead silent room. She snapped her neck back, getting in position once more and landed a much harder-than-needed kick. It felt good though, to let out all the negative feelings she felt about herself, about this stupid, stupid situation.

She gritted her teeth, getting ready to strike it again when she felt a wave of dizziness hit her. Her head was starting to throb, her surroundings swirling, colours mixing and black dots littering her vision.

Just before she collapsed to the cold hard ground an arm grabbed ahold of her upper bicep, making them both tumble on the ground. She furrowed her eyes, her vision was still distorted but she could make out the colour of a light teal filling up half her vision.