Chapter Three: The Most Annoying Guy That Ever Lived

"You!" they both exclaimed.

"What are you doing here?!" Ozge exclaimed.

"What am I doing here? This is my seat! What are you doing here?" Can retorted.

"Please! I booked this seat 2 weeks ago!"

"Well, I booked this last night!" Can said.

Ozge sighed and crossed her arms. Can calmed himself down and slumped back to his seat. He couldn't believe his luck. Or rather, his misfortune. The business class section was silent, and only the clinging of glasses could be heard. The moonlight seeped through the windows of the plane and it made Ozge's eyes shone like light reflecting on glass.

"Look, let's just work through this, alright?" Can said.

Ozge turned to look at him, uncrossed her arms and rested it on the arm rest. Can looked at her, as if admiring the view in front of him.

"What?" Ozge asked.

"Nothing," Can said, then he chuckled. "This is like one in a million chances. What are the odds that we would be in the same plane, same schedule, and same seat? That's crazy."

"You mean one in twenty-five chances? There are only twenty-five people in a Business Class section and we happen to be two of them," Ozge laughed.

"Right," Can smirked.

"By the way, why did you say you owned my scarf?" Ozge smiled, menacingly. "Last time I checked, this was mine."

Can cleared his throat.

"The-the scarf? I... was about to return it to you... if I ever saw you again and here you are."

Ozge laughed, her voice echoing through the plane's walls, which made Can laugh as well. Laughing felt so new to him. He hadn't laughed this much in three years, probably. He couldn't remember the last time he did. Yet here he was, laughing. With a girl he just met. Yet she felt easier to talk to than any of his friends.

"Well, thanks anyway, Mr. Architect," Ozge said. "I was feeling kinda bummed out because I lost this. So... thanks."

"No problem," Can said. "Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"Who was that guy at the airport? And why would you put up with him? You don't seem the type of person who would tolerate someone like that," Can said.

Ozge smiled weakly.

"That was Mahzun, Mahzun Akcatepe. My boyfriend of seven years. Well, ex-boyfriend," Ozge clarified. "We actually took the trip to Bulgaria together, what I didn't know was... he was actually visiting his new girlfriend in Sofia. And he took me along with him to break up and prove to his new girlfriend that he finally broke things off with me."

Ozge tried to word everything carefully, trying to avoid a voice crack. Her attempt failed, however, when she cracked her voice at the last word. Can looked at her, and realized she was only as strong as she wanted everyone to think she was. The way her hands shook at the coffee shop earlier proved it. In a way, she was like him, escaping a sudden tragedy.

Can held her hand and tried to comfort her.

"Well, Mahzun doesn't know what he's missing," he said.

Ozge turned to him and leaned in closer, her nose a centimeter away from his.

"And what is he missing?" she whispered.

Can's heart pounded. This was new. He hadn't been this nervous in front of anybody for a long time. Not since Demet.

He cleared his throat and pulled away, putting on his sunglasses. He slumped back to his seat.

"Your annoying and invasive personality," he said, loud enough for Ozge to hear. "Honestly, Mahzun's lucky to have finally gotten out."

Ozge narrowed her eyes and frowned. She thought he was finally warming up to her, but his self-absorbed attitude got the best of him again.

"You know what, whatever. It's not like we're gonna see each other after this anyway," Ozge said, looking at the window. Then she turned back to Can who was casually relaxing in his seat.

"In fact, I'm glad we won't see each other again! Who would even wanna be with somebody as selfish and self-absorbed as you? I can't wait to never see your face again, Mr. Architect."

"The feeling is mutual, Miss Ozge."

The plane ride to Istanbul was short-lived. It was an hour and forty-seven minute flight from Sofia to Istanbul. The plane ride doesn't bother Can, he was used to flying from country to country.

Taking the first step out of the plane and onto the ground was an experience for Can. He hadn't been to Istanbul for three years. He almost forgot everything about it. He looked around, looking for something familiar, but everything was new to him. Even the Istanbul International Airport's building was changed, now in their newly painted and furnished high ceilings and walls.

He felt like he just went to a country he had never been to before.

He felt like he could start over.

He breathed a sigh of relief and proceeded to the waiting area for his chauffeur to arrive. His limousine arrived after a minute. He got inside and settled in the backseat. Then, his phone rang.

"Yes, Mother?" Can said.

"Can, have you arrived in Istanbul?" Guldem asked, with a monotone voice.

"I did."

"What time shall we meet tomorrow?" Guldem said, and Can could hear papers and people talking in the background.

"Dinner, Mother," Can said, then he saw a familiar figure holding a huge suitcase just outside the airport gate.

"Alright. I'll text you which restaurant tomorrow, okay? I'm very busy right now."

"I know, Mother. See you tomorrow. Bye."

Can put his phone down and smiled as Ozge gave up standing and sat down on the cold concrete floor. Can rolled down his car window and called Ozge's attention.

"Waiting for somebody?" Can asked.

Ozge sneered at him and looked ahead.

Ignore him, Ozge. Just keep waiting, Ozge thought. Where on earth is my ride anyway? Are my cousins seriously aren't picking me up?

"Can't you tell?" Ozge remarked, still not looking at Can.

"Are they coming?" Can chuckled. "You look like you could use a ride."

Ozge turned to him and made a face. She stood up, holding her suitcase firm to help her.

"Never mind, I can walk," she said, starting to pace.

Can's limousine slowly moved, following Ozge's footsteps.

"You're not gonna get home in time, Miss Ozge. It's getting late," Can said.

"I'd rather walk than endure another ride with you, Mr. Architect. So no, thanks. I can go home by myself," she said.

Ugh. Why the heck did I bring so much clothes anyway? Ozge thought to herself. Now I'm having a hard time carrying this suitcase. It weighs like a ton!

"Are you sure?" Can asked, observing how tired she was carrying her suitcase.

"I'm sure, Mr. Architect," she lied.

"Suit yourself," Can said, then his limo sped off.

Ozge looked at him go and pushed her suitcase. She grabbed a handful of leaves from the plants at the sidewalk, throwing it into the air, to Can's direction.

"He really left me! Can't he see that I was having a hard time?!" she exclaimed, throwing another handful of leaves. "I hate you, Can Yaman! You're the most annoying guy that ever lived!"

A/N:

Hey loves :) I'm excited to write the next chapter haha! Please vote and comment as much as you can ;)