Chapter Sixteen: He Told Her He Loves Her, She Told Him She Hates Him

"Say something."

Can said as he drove Ozge home, glancing at her every now and then. They were both smiling, unable to hide the joy they were feeling.

"What do you want me to say?" Ozge said, smiling.

"I don't know," Can said, looking at her. "Tell me how you feel about me."

Ozge laughed. "But you didn't even tell me you love me yet. You just said you want me---"

Can slowed the car to a stop, parking on the side of the road. He looks at Ozge intently, carefully saying the words.

"Ozge," Can said. "I love you. I'm in love with you. You're the one I can't live without."

Ozge smiled and shook her head, feeling giddy as she gazed up at his smooth features.

"Okay," Ozge said.

"Okay?" Can chuckled. "Won't you tell me how you feel?"

"Not yet," she said, looking onto the road as Can drove again.

"Fine," Can said, laughing. "I'll wait for you."

***

"Baris, any updates on the task I told you to do?"

Guldem said as she talked with Baris on the phone.

"Mrs. Guldem, I have already gathered enough information about Ozge. I will send them to you right now," Baris said. "Another thing, Mrs. Guldem. Apparently three years ago, Ozge was living in Sofia, Bulgaria as she attended University and she got on an accident there which resulted to her having amnesia. She doesn't remember anything from her childhood. Just after the accident."

"Really?" Guldem said, standing up from her desk. "And? This accident? What happened?"

"I don't have more details right now, Mrs. Guldem. I will call again if I do."

"Alright. Thank you, Baris," Guldem said, then she hung up the phone.

Baris sent her Ozge's full name, her parents' full name: Kadir Gurel and Perran Gurel, her complete address, and the strawberry farm's address. He sent her photos of Can and Ozge together as well. Guldem looked at it with a mischievous smile on her face.

***

"Devrim? Where's Ozge?"

Devrim slumped to the couch, looking up the ceiling. His face was downcast.

"She's with Mr. Can, Mrs. Gurel. He's taking her here," he said, the sadness in his voice was evident.

"Are you okay?" Perran said, sitting across from him. "You know I already treat you like my son, Devrim. What's wrong?"

"You'll know when Ozge gets here, Mrs. Gurel," he said, faking a smile. "I'm going home. I was lucky enough to have my truck running at the last minute."

"Alright, Devrim," Perran said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Take care, okay? And see you tomorrow."

"See you, Mrs. Gurel," he said, leaving the house.

As Devrim walked to his truck, he knew he needed a distraction. He knew. He had always known Ozge didn't like him that way. But it was way more painful when it was right in front of him. How Can kissed Ozge, and how Ozge kissed him back. She was happy.

He took out his phone and texted Evren.

"Evren?" Devrim said, turning the truck's engine on. "I'm going to the night food market. Wanna join me?"

***

"We're here, Ozge."

Can said as he stopped by the gate outside the Gurel house.