Chapter Twenty-Four: Jealousy

"Aunt Perran, Ozge texted me a while ago that they arrived in Istanbul. She's gonna be here any moment. What are we gonna tell her?"

Evren paced back and forth in the living room, biting her lip. Perran watched her as she nervously drank her morning green tea.

"I don't know, Evren. We'll cross the bridge when we get there," Perran said.

Ding dong.

Perran and Evren's heart almost stopped as they heard the doorbell. Perran pushed Evren to the door and Evren opened it seeing a sullen-looking Ozge looking back at them.

"Welcome home!" Evren beamed, pretending to be excited.

Ozge just smiled half-heartedly and put her bags on the couch. She then looked at both of them with morose eyes before speaking.

"Mom, can we talk in the balcony, please?" Ozge said silently, then she went to the balcony.

Perran and Evren looked at each other once again as Evren shrugged. Perran followed Ozge to the balcony as Evren watched them through the window.

"Ozge, what's wrong? Why do you look sad? Did you and Can fight?" Perran asked.

Ozge shook her head as she fiddled with her hands. Perran looked at her daughter intently, scared of what she would say next.

"Mom, why didn't you tell me about the accident?" Ozge said.

"What accident?" Perran asked, the nervousness in her voice was evident.

"Mom, you know which accident I'm talking about," Ozge said. "The one where I caused somebody's death."

Perran stopped breathing for a moment as she heard the words out of Ozge's mouth.

"Ho-how did you know?"

"My memories came back when I was in Italy, Mom," Ozge said with a monotone voice. She was tired of all the lies. "Why did you hide this from me?"

A tear fell down Ozge's cheek as she looked at Perran. Perran covered her face with her hands, only removing them as she spoke to Ozge.

"I was trying to save you---"

"By lying to me! Or hiding this from me!" Ozge exclaimed, tears falling. "How could you?! I killed somebody, Mom! I killed somebody!"

Evren noticed how things were getting more serious and she went to the balcony to calm down Ozge.

"Ozge, what---"

"You, Evren!" Ozge shouted as she turned to Evren. "Did you know about the accident? Did you know about the fact that I killed somebody in Sofia, Bulgaria?!"

Evren gulped as she looked at Perran. Perran nodded, gesturing her to tell Ozge the truth. They couldn't hide it no longer.

"Yes, I did," Evren muttered.

Ozge looked away. "You too, huh? Can't I trust anybody here? Does everyone lie to me?!"

"Ozge, we were trying to protect you! We had no choice!" Evren exclaimed. "You lost your memories and Aunt Perran didn't want you to get arrested for something you didn't mean to do! Besides, the police closed the case anyway---"

"You are not in the position to make that choice for me!" Ozge shouted. "Stop giving me excuses! You both lied to me!"

"Ozge, I'm sorry," Perran said, hugging Ozge.

Ozge pushed Perran and ran. "No! Get away from me! All of you!"

Ozge ran outside and Evren ran after her but she as stopped by Perran.