Chapter Twenty-Three: She Gave Him The Universe

"Miss Ozge Gurel, what I want you to do is you're gonna look between my fingers back and forth with your eyes and you're gonna tell me when you get symptoms," the doctor said in perfect English as he held up two fingers in front of Ozge.

Ozge did so, looking at his fingers back and forth. She felt a bit dizzy after a while of looking back and forth.

"I feel a bit dizzy doing that," Ozge said, closing her eyes.

"That's normal," the doctor said. "Do you feel anything else besides from the dizziness of the eye tracking?"

"No, I'm---I'm fine," Ozge muttered.

"Well, we did every test for concussion and it looks like Miss Gurel is fine. She just needs a little rest," the doctor said.

"Thank you so much, Dr. Genoveffa," Gulten said.

"You're welcome, Gulten. Say hi to your mother for me. I miss hanging out with her," Dr. Genoveffa said. "Well then, if that's all, I have other patients to attend to. Nice to see you again, Gulten and please take a rest, Miss Gurel."

"Thank you," Ozge said, touching her forehead.

She could feel a small bump just below her hairline. The same place where she had the scar. The scar from the accident. She touched it gently.

"Are you okay, Ozge? You blacked out for a second in the car," Gulten said.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Ozge said.

"And don't worry I already told the driver of the car that hit us off. He said he'll pay 10,000 Euros for your medical needs," Gulten said. "Though you seem fine, I guess that 10,000 is your pocket money now."

Gulten laughed. Ozge smiled, but she couldn't get her mind off what she just saw. Her memories are back.

And she killed Demet.

Hold on. I don't even know if that was Demet. What if it somebody else? Somebody else who died the same way as her? I have to be entirely sure. Maybe I could ask Can. Nevertheless, I killed somebody. Oh my gosh. But, I guess it would be less painful if it wasn't Demet, right? Come on, Ozge. Stop jumping to conclusions. I'll have to ask Can later.

"Ozge."

Ozge's thoughts were interrupted by Gulten, who looked at her with a worried expression.

"Ye-yes?"

"Are you sure you're okay?" Gulten said. "I could call in Dr. Genoveffa again---"

"No, really. I'm fine, Gulten. Thank you," Ozge said. "What were you saying?"

"I already called Can and Efe, they'd be here any second," Gulten said.

Just as Gulten said that, Can and Efe burst through the emergency room. Can immediately ran to Ozge, hugging her.

"My love, are you okay?" Can said, holding her face and looking in her eyes intently.

Can. I don't even know what to say to you right now.

"I'm fine," Ozge said, trying to smile.

"How did this happen, Gulten?" Can said, holding Ozge close.

"Some guy was busy talking on the phone while driving and didn't even notice his car was near ours until his bumper hit," Gulten said. "Don't worry, he already paid 10,000 Euros for any medical needs. I've transferred it to Ozge's bank account."

"Paid?! He needs to go to jail! What if something worse happened?!" Can exclaimed, trying to contain his anger.

Jail. Is that where I'll be going soon? Ozge thought.