Chapter Fifty-Six: Broken

"Let's go. Who are we waiting for?"

Giancarlo asked Efe and Gultem as they met at a waiting shed in downtown Rome. Efe insisted they use one car to get to Amalfi, his Rolls-Royce Black Badge. Just then, a taxi stopped in front of them and Giancarlo's eyes widened.

"I hope I didn't keep you all waiting," Ozge said as she hugged Gultem and then Efe.

"Of course not, Ozge," Gultem said. "Come on, let's get inside the car."

Giancarlo sighed heavily as he got into the car last, sitting beside Ozge. Ozge gave him a smile as he ignored her and looked out the window.

The one hour ride to Amalfi Coast was long, and Giancarlo and Ozge avoided each other as the awkward atmosphere filled the car. They arrived an hour and a half later to the docks where they will be riding yachts to get to the private island the Milani Group owns.

There were two yachts in total and Efe and Gultem rode the first yacht, which meant...

"Wait, you guys aren't riding with us on the same boat?" Giancarlo shouted as Efe and Gultem's yacht were already ten meters away from them.

"See you guys on the island!" Efe shouted, grinning.

Ozge sighed as she looked down, wondering if coming here was a good idea. Giancarlo sighed as he got onto the yacht first, offering his hand to Ozge to pull her to the boat.

"Come on, we haven't got all day," he said.

Ozge took his hand as he pulled her to him, their faces close. Giancarlo slowly pulled away as he went to the top, to turn the engine on and steer the boat. Ozge followed after him, sitting down on the seats in the cockpit.

***

Melisa woke up from the heat of the sun. Opening her eyes, she realized she slept in the patio last night. She noticed she had a blanket over her and saw Serkan sleeping on the couch across from hers. She sat up and smiled at him.

He put a blanket over me and slept beside me to make sure I was okay, Melisa smiled at the thought.

Serkan slowly opened his eyes as Melisa turned away. He sat up and smiled at her.

"Good morning," he said, rubbing his eyes.

"Good morning," Melisa said, turning her back to him. "It's already 8 AM so I'm just gonna go get ready."

She ran as fast as she could inside as Serkan chuckled softly.

***

You kissed me and told me you missed me in my dreams last night, Can. Won't you do that in real life too?

Ozge thought as she watched Giancarlo stared at the ocean behind the wheel. Ozge got up an stood beside him, following his gaze.

"You're kinda like the ocean, Can," she whispered, loud enough for Giancarlo to hear. "Sometimes you're calm, sometimes you're angry. But every time, you're mysterious. Deep. And nobody can ever understand your vastness unless you tell them."

Giancarlo didn't say anything.

"I was once the only diver in your ocean, Can, but I drowned," Ozge said. "Now that I have come up from the surface, won't you let me in again?"

"I already let you in once, Ozge," he said, as he stopped the yacht.

They finally arrived at the island, Efe and Gultem waiting for them by the shore.

"Never gonna let you in again," Giancarlo continued as he let go of the steering wheel and went to the lower deck, leaving Ozge alone.