Chapter Seventeen: Sweet Love

"What do you want?"

Can asked Ozge as they stand behind a street food cart, holding hands. Ozge scans her eyes on the food selection, pointing at the squid.

"I want that," Ozge said.

"Two fried squid please," Can said, giving the man a 20 lira bill.

After about five minutes, the vendor gave them their food, and they proceeded to walk around the park.

"Mmm, this is so good," Ozge said.

"It is," Can said, taking another bite. "I can't believe I haven't eaten here before."

"Oh my gosh, I'm gonna take you to all the little food shops that I know, Can," Ozge said, grinning.

"It's a date," Can said.

He rubs his finger in the back of her palm, looking at their hands. Ozge looked at him, smiling.

"Oh, by the way, Can," Ozge said, throwing the stick that previously had the squid on it, in the trash can. "I forgot to tell you. When we were in Alanya, in the night of your mother's birthday party, Serkan offered me a job to be his personal assistant instead. He said he can guarantee Mr. Derya accepting your partnership if I do."

"That Serkan," Can sneered. "Are you interested in his offer?"

"Well..."

Can's eyes widened. Ozge laughed.

"Of course not," she said.

Can grinned, kissing Ozge's hand. They found a river close to the park with a bench just a few meters from it. They sat down and gazed at the night sky.

"You know, that's my favorite star right there," Ozge said, pointing at a star that was shining bright. "It's always beside the moon, shining with it. They're like partners or something."

"You're kinda like that star, Ozge. And I'm the moon. I will always be by your side," Can said, looking at her intently. "No matter what day or night it is, or no matter what storms we may face, I will always be with you and for you."

"But Can..." Ozge said, looking at the river. "What about your feelings for Demet? Or Diletta? What about---"

"Ozge," Can said. "As long as you and I exist, you're the only one for me."

Ozge smiled. "Okay."

"About tomorrow, Ozge," Can said. "Can we have breakfast in my house? I'll prepare anything you like."

"Really? You can cook?" Ozge said.

"Are you doubting my skills?" Can laughed. "I may not be as good as you, but I can cook here and there."

Ozge thought about it for a moment. "Alright."

"I'll pick you up tomorrow by 7 AM," Can said, then he got up. "Let's eat some more?"

"Let's go!" Ozge grinned.

***

"Good morning."

Ozge said, coming downstairs from her bedroom. It was now 6:50 AM and she was fully dressed, with her handbag with her. Perran and Evren looked at each other after looking at Ozge.

"Ozge, it's just 6:50 AM. Why are you dressed like that already?" Evren said, slicing onions.

Evren hangs out at the Gurel house everyday since her father never comes home and when he does, he's usually drunk.

"Mom, I'm going to Can for breakfast, then I'll go to work from there," Ozge said, taking a piece of bread before going out.

"See you!" Perran shouted.