Chapter Nine: Meteor Shower

A crash. Shreds of glass on the floor. The strong smell of iron.

A loud boom. Fire.

A girl. Tires screeching.

Then Ozge woke up. The same dream, over and over again. She had been having this same dream for three years, yet she doesn't know what it means. It was familiar though. As if she had been in the same situation before. In the same dream she had before, it was blurry. She couldn't even picture out the car. But this time, it as clear. Not totally unclouded, but enough to see details.

A red car.

What does that mean? She didn't have a red car. So why did it seem so familiar?

She slowly got up and went to the bathroom. Looking at herself in the mirror, she touched her forehead. A scar. Three inches long, was right outside her hairline. It was completely healed of course, it now blended with her really fair skin.

How come she never noticed it before? And how come she doesn't remember when she got it? And where? It was a big scar too. Like a deep cut was embedded in her forehead. A wound like that... surely she would remember it, right?

Ring, ring.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of her phone ringing. She quickly went back to her bedroom, grabbing the phone.

"Ozge, are you ready to go?" a familiar voice asked.

"Who is this?" Ozge said, though she was quite certain who it was.

"Can. I'm picking you up so we could go to Strawberry Place together," Can said. "I'll be there in an hour."

Ozge sighed and immediately went to the shower.

***

Can leaned against his Lamborghini SIAN FKP 37, waiting for Ozge to come out. It had been ten minutes since he arrived at their house.

"Do women always have to take so long to get dressed?" Can muttered to himself as he looked at his watch.

Ozge walked up to Can, smiling as she saw him. She wore an ivory sweetheart peasant-sleeve top, khaki lace-up flounce-trim skirt, and white sneakers. Can stared at her for a moment, then looked down.

"Good morning," Ozge greeted.

"Good morning," Can said, then he opened the car door for Ozge. "Shall we go?"

Ozge nodded and got in, and they went off.

Can glanced at Ozge as she looked out the window not saying a word. He turned the radio on.

"At least smile a little, Ozge," Can said, never taking his eyes off the road.

She turned to look at him. "How can I smile when I'm with you, Can Yaman?"

Can laughed lightly. "Why do you hate me so much?"

Ozge looked at him, looking for words to say. Why did she hate him? On the contrary, she knew she didn't. She just didn't know what to feel when he's there. So she results to acting like she hates him.

Ozge remained silent until they got to Strawberry Place. Can led her inside, admiring how good the place looked. The mini chandeliers, beautifully handcrafted wooden tables, artsy paintings on the wall, it was everything Can wanted and they delivered. Ozge looked around, impressed by the place.

"So, what do you think?" Can asked, noticing she liked the place.

"It's beautiful," Ozge said. "Your restaurant is very nice."