Early Ideas/Changes

Here, I will be explaining how Vocaloid Actors came into existence. It's been a product of about four years, as of 2021.

So, I joined the Vocaloid fandom in early 2015, browsing concert videos before discovering animated PVs and its a spiral from there. It was 2017 when the idea came to me.

I was moving as my family had just been kicked out of the property we were renting and given a few months to leave. However, I was emptying the drawers of my bedside table (sound familiar?) and in the top drawer, I pulled out a dark blue scrunchie. At this point, I had managed to fix a mix-up between Neru and Kaito (I mixed up the two characters) and had just developed a crush on Kaito. The band's colour reminded me of Kaito's hair.

Now, I didn't come up with the idea right on the spot. I kept the band on my wrist when I wasn't wearing it in my hair. Then (I don't remember when), an idea began taking root in my mind. It first began with me fantasizing about being a Vocaloid, before I pretended to be Meiko due to my resemblance with her (minus the short hair).

I finally decided to bring the band into it and the idea of the band bringing you in the Vocaloid World was born. It started small, like only visiting the World for necessity, like recording and filming. It was only a couple rooms, and the town didn't exist then.

I don't know when I started building it into a story, but I do remember daydreaming a lot during my Year 11 mocks. This is how I decided on when the story would be set. In fact, I was in two different German exams when I thought of the wings emerging and the theft of the bands respectively. This explains why Mia's wings came out during her German exam.

However, I was roleplaying this in my head, pretending the dark blue scrunchy was my band. This gave me an early idea which I scrapped. This was about Soulmates.

In the beginning, Vocaloid Actors bands would be their Soulmate's Vocaloid colour. So Mia's band would have been originally dark blue. When they finally met, their bands would change to their own Vocaloid's colour.

I scrapped this as I came up with a Mark which I used to draw on the back of my hand and wanted it to have a significant part in the story. Also, I lost my blue band about two years ago and replaced it with a red one patterned with white polka dots.

These characters were based off people in real life:

-Mia Gale (off yours truly)

-Her parents (my parents)

-Racquelle (my worst enemy, but my enemy never redeemed herself in my eyes)

-Ellis (an annoying boy in my year)

-Taylor (my best friend)

-Libby (a friend who is obsessed with Vocaloid)

Other small changes made:

-Mia's first and last name was changed

-Racquelle's name was changed

-Band design was changed twice

-Certain elements in theft of the bands (in the "real" world, it happened after the wings emerged, so some elements were different)

-Wing design was changed

-Leia's name was changed

-Oliver and Mimi were changed from regular siblings to twins

-Magic surges were added

Now, all this mentioned above was what I could remember as I didn't write anything down, until I actually started writing the story on this website.

Now, I actually live multiple lives in my head which all exist at the same time and in conjunction with each other. However, if I wrote it all out as it was in my head, you would no doubt become confused, so I split them up into separate stories. In my head, I was living three secret lives at the same time, and which switch between which one I would live every night (most of my stories came from me fantasizing before I went to sleep).

Anyway, that is about it when it comes to early ideas. For the next few chapters I will be exploring an alternate version of when Kevin rejected Mia, which I wanted to get out in story form. It was also thought up after I wrote the original version, so it wasn't a case of pick and choose.