Chapter 10

"Do you usually take this much time in your appearance to see Aiden?" I asked, as I swiped pink lip-gloss across my lips.

"Yes! I like to impress him! However, you barely put in any effort!" Ini said brushing her hair back. She hadn't used any products in it and so it was really bushy like my hair. She had to dress casual in a t-shirt and leggings, while I had to wear another dress and a little too much makeup.

"I'm not kissing Aiden for you!" I said sternly, as I straightened my hair. "And vice-versa! If I hear that you kissed Kevin, I'm kicking you out of my life!"

"Don't worry, I don't want to!" she replied, brushing a slight amount of foundation onto her face to cover the spots that were absent from my face. "That means we should avoid getting into any situations that would lead to that!"

Me and Ini were getting ready to go on phony dates with each other's Soulmates. I was going to a fancy restaurant with Aiden, while Ini was going bowling with Kevin. I am definitely going to eat something with garlic or something else to deter him from kissing me.

I was wearing a short white dress, with lace sleeves and a couple of layers of skirts, which wasn't too over the top. I wore skin-coloured tights, and white high heels. On one wrist I wore Ini's pink band and on the other I wore a watch. I had a fine chain around my neck with a single bead hanging down. My hair was plaited with the pink spray dye on the bottom.

Ini kept her hair down, and she wore a black t-shirt and black leggings. She was wearing the pearl necklace I loved so much. She was wearing my band. She was wearing black trainers with pink laces for a bit of colour.

"Mia, tell Aiden about us, so the reveal isn't so bad! And remember we have to lead them both to the park afterwards as an after-date stroll to reveal the prank!"

"Okay, I've got it, Ini! Remember Kevin hates cheese, so try and eat something containing cheese while you're there to deter him from kissing you!" She nodded, as she painstakingly drew over her Soulmate Mark to make it look like mine, something I had already done. When I looked at her mark, all I had to do was cover the blue and replace it with pink.

"Okay, we meet at 8:00pm!" she replied, before she grabbed my thick black jacket and left the house. Our parents learned of our plan, so they had no objections to letting me go. I took Ini's pink leather jacket and put it on, before I stepped outside to wait for my taxi.

I didn't know what restaurant I was going to as Ini said 'Aiden said it was a surprise!' He called the taxi to Ini's house. I walked across the road to wait outside Ini's house.

A couple of minutes later, I saw it turn onto the street. It pulled up and I opened the door. Aiden wasn't in here, so he would be meeting there. "You're a lucky girl, he's taking you to one of the poshest restaurants in town!" I raised my eyebrows; he seems to be quite rich. I need to ask Kevin and Ini about that, but not right now, as it may spoil the prank.

We pulled up outside the restaurant and when I stepped out, I realised it was an Italian restaurant.

Me: 'An Italian restaurant, any preferences I should take into account?'

Ini: 'I love anything Italian, and Aiden knows that, so it doesn't matter what you order. Just avoid mushrooms, I hate them!'

Okay, I'll be fine. I enjoy Italian food as well. I saw Aiden standing near the door, wearing the same suit he wore at the wedding.

"Hey, Ini!" he walked down and paid the taxi driver. He helped me up the steps. "Where were you at the wedding?"

"I fell ill, I thought I told you?" I replied, trying not to trip.