Chapter 9

"- we should prank them on our next dates!"

"Let's organise them on the same day!" I was laughing as I sat at a desk in the library, discussing prank ideas with Ini. Today, she had her hair in two low pigtails, reminiscent to Yukari. Her heart barrette was in her usual place.

She was wearing a pink dress with a white belt and long white socks with pink pumps. It reminded me of how I dressed on my first date with Kevin. That gave me an idea.

"We should switch places with each other on our dates and see if they notice!" Ini looked at me, smiled before she collapsed into laughter.

"Okay, what are you two laughing about?" someone asked and we both looked up to see Rachel. She was holding her Computer Science folder.

"Hey, Rachel," we said in unison, and she turned a chair around and sat at our desk. "What took you so long?" I asked, before looking down at my half-finished essay for Sociology.

"I was talking with Louis outside the Technology Block, before he headed off to attend a doctor's appointment," she explained, before she pulled out the exam questions that needed to be completed by Friday, that I had already finished. "You two creep me out slightly, you know?"

"How?" we asked in unison again.

"That! You two have known each other for two days and yet you are already in-tune with each other!" She sounded very spooked, and me and Ini shared mischievous glances. We both left the table and went to the bathroom, where we swapped clothes. Time to see if this plan would work.

We left the cubicles and Ini dipped her hair in the sink. When she ran the water, I noticed that she was using a temporary hair dye as well. She passed me the can, and I sprayed the bottom of my hair thoroughly, before I tied it up into the same two pigtails that she had, before I clipped her heart barrette on to keep my stray hair back.

I fidgeted slightly as Ini dragged a small towel from her bag and dried her hair before she brushed it back. I wasn't used to wearing dresses, preferring my leggings. "Hey, Ini, why did you have a towel in your bag?"

"My adoptive mother," she said sullenly. "She's super strict and has forbidden me to dye my hair, so I wash off the temporary dye in here before I go home. I dread to think what she will do if she finds out that I'm a Vocaloid Actor. She hates anything foreign!"

"Oh." I decided to drop the topic due to how upset Ini became.

We left the bathroom carrying each other's bags. I tried to keep my steps bouncy due to Ini's hyper activeness, while she had to tone it down, as I was rarely in a good mood when it came to school.

"You two took a while!" Rachel commented and we didn't answer her, as we sat in each other's seats. Luckily, since we took the same subjects as each other, we had the same homework. We began working on the other's homework.

I was completing Ini's Maths worksheet, when the bell rang. "See you two in Computer Science!" Rachel said as she walked to the common room for lunch.

"Hmm, she usually joins me for lunch," I commented, before I pick up Ini's bag, which I just now realised was a lot heavier than mine. "What do you have in here? Bricks?"

"Heh, close," she replied. "Mum made sure I was over prepared, and I also have two library books in there at all times, as I love to read!"

We walked into the common room to notice Rachel talking to a teacher before she left the building.

We sat at the same table and pulled out each other's lunches. Ini had a different lunch, that I didn't like, so we subtly swapped lunches. We ate quickly before anyone noticed the difference.