Chapter 25

I had to talk this over with Michael

I had to talk this over with Michael. I was so worried Janet would know her brother. She would. And then she would expect him to come back to his old life. And I would lose him forever.

Would he want to come back to his old life? I think he is pretty happy with me. But I could be wrong about that. My heart felt so heavy. It was so filled with worry.

I knew if I talked with Michael then I would feel ten times better. Then I would know where I stood. And if he really would be tempted to get his old back life. I could not blame him for missing his old life.

All that he had. His fans. The fame. Anyone would miss that. The money. Now he was dirt poor. That could not be easy for him. Though he claimed it was for him.

When I come into my room there was Michael sitting on the bed with my little sister playing connect four. My old board game from the 80's. I had forgotten about that game. I used to love it when I was younger. My sister and I used to play all the time. I always won.

"I win! Again!" giggles my sister with joy.

"I need to talk to Michael. In private" I tell her. "out please" I order her as gently as I could do.

"But we are playing a game" she pouts.

"Pouting is not lady like. And it will never get you your own way with me. Out!" I order her.

"Fine!" she snaps before leaving the bedroom.

I shut the door behind her. Then I help Michael put away the connect four game. He seemed to be in good spirits. He had on a new shirt. I had not bought that for him. I wondered where he got his new clothing from.

"Your mom bought me some clothing at Goodwill. Do you like this color on me?" he asks as though he read my mind.

"I do. I think it looks great. You did not go shopping with her?" I worry.

"No, I did not go with her at all. I stayed here with your sister" he explains. "Myla try not to worry"

"I can't help it" I sigh. I sit on the bed with him. He engulfs me with a hug. I wrap my arms around him letting him hold me.

"You look shaken up what is wrong honey?" he softly asks me.

"Your sister is in town" I answer his question. "Janet. She is helping Paris get ready to open your home up"

"Oh" he says as his face falls a bit there.

"I am worried she will know it is you. There is no doubt in my mind. And if she does, she is going to want you to return to your old life. And I will lose you" I mention to him. "Who knows what will happen if you try to tempt fate by going back to your old life. I mean I don't know what would happen" I worry.