Chapter 13

I was at work

I was at work. After having a few days to myself to think. Everyone was happy that I was back. Paris still had not decided if it was going to be a good idea to open Neverland up to the public like she wanted to do.

Everyone was wanting to go in. I did not blame them. But it just was not safe to have them come in. The Lost Boys were protecting Michael. They wanted to keep him from crossing over.

Not that I really wanted to make my favorite pop star cross over.

That was gut wrenching to even think about.

"Welcome back to work stranger" someone speaks up from behind me.

I whirl around to see Johnny.

"Hey, how are you?" I ask.

"Great! Work has been slow without you here" he tells me.

"Anything odd happen while I was gone?" I wonder.

He shakes his head no. "Nope, it only seems to happen when you are here. How weird is that?"

"Weird" I laugh nervously. "I better get to work"

"I wanted to talk to you Myla before you go to work" he rambles on softly.

"About?" I wonder.

"We have known each other awhile now. And I was wondering if.... if" he stammers.

"If?"

"If you would go on a date with me?" he asks me.

I blink feeling surprised. "A date with you?"

He nods. "I am no Michael. But I can take you out on a decent date" he offers.

"You know what let me think on that. Can I give you an answer later?" I ask.

He nods. "Sure sure, at least you did not say no"

Maybe if I began to date someone Michael would want to cross over. I loved spending time with him. Getting to know him. But it was not right of me to try to keep him here.

I wished he could stay. But he needed to cross over. If he did maybe the Lost Boys would cross over to. That would bring peace to everyone here.

"You are not seriously going on a date with that bozo?" someone asks me.

I jump as Michael forms in front of me.

"What do you care?" I stammer as I go to get to work. He floats around to follow me.

"You know you can do better than Johnny. He has three other girls he is seeing. You want to be a side chick?" Michael asks me.

"I can't believe you are talking to me about my dating life! I did not say yes yet" I snap in my defense.