Chapter 20

I was back at work

I was back at work. But I did not feel like I was truly back. I stop by the pool area where I nearly had died before in the waters. A chill washes over me. I shiver then I head into the house.

Johnny and my boss were already there working that day. I clock in. Then look around. I knew I was never going to see Michael again. He was really no longer there. The Lost Boys were gone to. But someone had pushed me in the pool? Who was there still.

One of them had to be around. Michael would not have pushed me into the pool. He loved me. He would not let me drowned. I had to figure out what Lost Boy lingered there.

And if he tried to kill me once he was going to try to kill me off again for sure. I had to be safe. The Lost Boy was probably angered that I had Michael cross over. Really that was not my intention. Or my fault at all.

But they blamed me anyway.

I blamed me as well.

"Welcome back to work" Johnny greets me warmly. We hug.

"Thanks" I say.

"Is it weird being back here?" he asks me.

I nod. "IT is. I could not stick around the pool" I chuckle.

"What was it like nearly dying? Do you fear death more?" he asks me.

I shiver hearing his words. "I really do not want to talk about it" I say.

"You know more than you are letting on" he states. "come on tell me Myla"

"No" I snap.

"Come on. Tell me everything" he begs me.

"I have to get to work Johnny" I answer. "please drop it"

"Johnny get back to work" I hear my boss order him.

"Sure thing" sighs Johnny as he walks away.

"Welcome back Myla" my boss greets me.

"Thank you" I answer her.

I get to work. It is fairly boring. Nothing happens. No Lost Boys seemed to be around. Again no Michael. I linger by his bedroom.

Remembering the first time he rescued me from the Lost Boys. And had me resting in his bed. Seeing him appear. He gave himself up for me. Letting me know he was around. How special those moments were.

Bittersweet really was the correct word for it.

I was wearing black today. In morning. I normally wore black a lot anyway. Killstar outfits. They were my favorite. I also loved anything from Hot Topic. I was wearing my black legging tights with a Killstar bewitching shirt.