Chapter 21

[Warning Sexual Conduct]

Michael and I had decided to get a room at a motel for the night. I called my mom and lied to her. Telling her I was staying the night with a pal. She was happy to see me get out of the house after all the moping that I had been doing around there.

Michael and I stopped to get dinner. He wanted some Chinese take-out. He said how long it has been since he ate food. He wanted to enjoy a real meal. I could not blame him there.

I wondered what it was like coming back to really live. Nearly dying had scared me. And now he was back. I wanted to live.

We had so much to talk about. To decide what comes next for us both in this life. But right now, was the time to celebrate. Michael and I sit on the bed in the hotel room. We begin to eat.

"Won't it be weird for you not living at Neverland? Or having your money?" I worry.

He shakes his head. "I will be fine. I lived without it for so long. I don't need it"

"But you loved singing" I remind him softly.

"I can sing for you. And you only" he teases me with a wink.

I giggle. "Alright" I laugh. "We need to come up with a new name for you. Not Michael. It would be obvious" I warn him.

"Alright" he agrees.

"Okay let's jot down some names" I say as I get the pad of paper from the bedside table there. And the motel pen.

"Casper?" he teases.

"Michael come on. We have to be serious about this. You need a new name" I warn him.

"Fine" he sighs. He jots something down then hands me the paper.

"Nyx it means of the night. You can call me Nix for short. You know like Nick" he tells me.

"Nix I love it" I agree. "You will always be Michael" I remind him. I touch his cheek he smiles then kisses me. We chow down on more food. "How are you going to get a job? No background on who you are" I worry.

"I have someone I can contact on that" he offers.

"Who?" I ask.

"My friend" he says.

"No one can know your Michael" I worry with concern.

"This was my friend after death. He will know me. He is a hacker buddy of mine. His name is E.C. for Electric Circuit. He can see spirits like you. We can trust him" says Michael. "he knows all about you already" he laughs.

"Are you sure E.C. will be fine with this?" I worry.

"I am sure" says Michael. He grabs the phone and makes a call. "E hi guess who. No, I did not go through the phone. I am really here. Can you make me a fake background? You can? Alright meet me here I will give you the details where I am at" Michael is telling him. Then they hang up. "I knew E before I was dead as well"