Chapter 4

I was more than upset but I had to go to work the next night

I was more than upset but I had to go to work the next night. Michael was going to try to get me fired. Gram and I were talking things over. It was clear that Michael hated me.

And was willing to do anything to get me out of there. That way I would not make him move on. The key was I had to make him see that I was there to help him. Not harm him.

I bend down and tie my shoe as I get ready for work. "Gramps can you come with me? Please?" I beg him as I see him form in front of me. He shakes his head.

"You have to learn how to deal with this. Gram already warned me not to get in the middle of this" laughs Gramps.

"Come on" I huff as I dread going into work. I never thought I would ever not want to see Michael Jackson. Truth was he scared the shit outta me!!

"Is grandpa here? Can you see him? Talk to him?" Mel comes bounding down the stairs. She was curious about ghosts now. She was upset she could not see spirits yet.

"Hi there, My Melody" gramps greets my little sister. My Melody was a nickname that he used to call her because she loved My Melody and Hello Kitty stuff.

"He says hi My Melody" I tell her. "He is standing here in front of me" I explain to her.

She squeals happily. "Grandpa. I miss you so much" she exclaims.

"I miss her to" he says to me wistfully. "I wish I could hug her" he tells me.

"He misses you to" I tell Mel.

I brush near his arm. I can feel my gramps right here. I gasp. I touch his arm. "Grandpa!" I mutter. He smiles. I hug him. 'We can touch" I laugh.

"Some mediators have higher powers" gram says as she comes in. "I never had those powers. But your mother does" says gram.

"Wow. Why did I not know before? I mean all these years?" I wonder.

Gram places her arm on my shoulder. "Your mother is not alright with the gifts. She wants us all to act like a normal happy family. She fears if other spirits learn about us then they will come here. And she wants peace. She does not want the neighborhood to think we are weirdos' laughs gram.

"Well we are weirdos" I laugh.

"Try telling that to your momma" says gramps.

"I better go to work. Or I will be late" I mutter.

"Good luck shortcake. You got this" gramps says as he hugs me once more before I head out the door.

I get to work soon enough. As I do the night sky arrived. I shiver thinking of what might happen that night. An unsettling feeling washes over me. How was I going to make Michael see I wanted to help? Not harm? I sigh. I get out of my car. I spot Johnny leaving work for the night.