Chapter 29

We had all just gone to Johnny's funeral

We had all just gone to Johnny's funeral. I made Michael stay home with my sister of course. I did not need Janet seeing him around. That would be really bad if she spotted her brother. Then she would know he was alive. No hiding that. We were all back at the Neverland ranch now.

Janet had held a small dinner party for Johnny's family there. Not many people showed. That did not surprise me being Johnny could be a dick head. I knew I felt bad, but I was not going to miss him at all. He would never get to annoy me again. Thankfully.

And now being at Neverland maybe I could find what ghost was still lingering here. See who might have killed off Johnny. And why they would want to kill him. Would they want to kill again?

I helped Janet carry in trays of food now that the guest had left. I would have to get back home soon. Or Michael would be sure to worry and fuss over me being gone.

I did not need him coming out to Neverland to look for me. That would be really bad. I set a tray of food on the counter beside the others. Then helped wrap it up with plastic wrap.

"Things turned out well. I wish we did not have to hold a funeral" sighs Janet.

"I wish that he was here to. It really is to bad he is gone" I mutter.

"I do not understand who would want to kill Johnny? I mean he could be annoying sometimes but to the point someone wanted him dead?" Janet wonders out loud. "That is bad"

"Very!" I agree.

"Did anyone mention if there were any leads on the killer?" ask Janet.

"No and I did not have the heart to bring that up to his family" I add. "Well not at this time"

"Right!" says Janet as she nods her head.

"I better be going soon. Anything else you need for me to do around here?" I ask her. "before I go home for the night?"

"I have everything covered" she says. "Feel free to go home to your new mystery man" she teases with a wink. I blush.

"Thanks. He is missing me by now" I giggle.

"You could have brought him today" she offers.

I shake my head no. "Oh no, he would not know anyone. He is new in town. He can be really very shy" I ramble out. "he would have been bored to tears"

"Oh, maybe another time. I would like to meet your new friend" Janet says.

"Sometime" I lie. I smile.

'Have a good night Myla" she replies.

"You to Janet. See you tomorrow" I say before walking out of there. I look around me. I go down the hall for a moment to the award room. Where I once met Michael. As a ghost.