Chapter 22

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed in a hotel room

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed in a hotel room. I admit I panicked a bit. I mean had I dreamt it all? Did Michael really come back or was it a dream? I sit up in bed looking around for the man. Tears come to me. I had to keep calm. He had to be here.

Somewhere!

He would not leave me without saying goodbye to me, right? We had such an amazing night together. I could feel it all. Being in his arms was the best feeling in the entire world. I loved it. And I did not want to give that feeling up. Not one little bit.

Michael comes out of the bathroom.
He had been in the shower.

"I forgot how nice showers were" he whistles cheerfully.

I sigh. I lean back on the wall there by the bed. I groan.

"Why what is wrong baby?" Michael asks me.

"I was scared there" I admit. He sits on the bed beside me.

"Why babe?" he asks me.

"I thought maybe you had to go, and you were not here in bed with me. I thought maybe I dreamt all that" I admit to him. "I thought I had to give you up again"

"Baby you never have to give me up at all. They said I could stay" he sweetly tells me.

He places an arm around my shoulder. I sink into him. He kisses me on the lips.

"It was hard on me when you left. And I could never see you again" I inform him. "I thought you could never return"

"Me either but love always wins in the end" he points out. "and our love did"

"Right" I say. "I have to stop freaking out every time you are away from me" I grumble. "how do I do that?"

"You will learn. You will be fine. We both will" he promises me.

"How do you know that?" I ask him. "we don't know"

"Myla, I know. I can feel it. This is my second chance. And I am not going to blow it. I want to live. Really live like I never have before. And love" he adds.

"Me to" I agree.

He kisses me. "Stop worrying and enjoy this time together" he orders to me.

I sigh. He always made me feel better.

"Are you off work today? Or do you have to go back?" he asks me.

"I took off today" I admit to him. "So, I can help you get settled in your new world"

"Alright. Fantastic. We need to talk to your family. Your mom and grandma will know it is me Myla. They are like you" he reminds me.

"True. They are. Hey that could work though. I bet they would let you stay with us until you could get your own place. Maybe I could get us a place. And we could live together" I say thoughtfully. "I mean if you want to. I do not want to rush you"

"No rush. I would love to live with you Myla" he answers me. "we could get our own place"

"Great! I was hoping you would agree with me on that" I say. Then I could protect him.

"Myla I can still read thoughts. You can't protect me all the time" he warns me. "I can't protect me"

"Michael " I groan.

"Try not to worry about losing me" he begs me. "Let's celebrate"

How was I going to stop worrying about losing him? Thinking I did not have enough time with him? I was worried. It was in the back of my mind. I wish it was not but it was there.

And it was staying with me. Once death hit you it took a toll on your whole world. It shattered you. And that piece of you was dead with that person to. I wish he understood how deep this effected me.

"We will be okay. I promise you Myla" he whispers. He kisses me. I look him in the eyes. "I love you baby"

"I love you to Michael Jackson" I softly answer.

He kisses me. "Now what do you want to do today?" he asks me.

"Spend the whole day with you. Then we need to tell my family you are alive and well. I am sure they will help you out" I tell him.

"We have a plan. Plans are good" he agrees with me.

I hop in the shower. I get ready for the day. Thinking of how I nearly died. How Michael saved me. Then he left me. But came back.
Death was a scary real thing. It really took a toll on me being a ghost hunter and dealing with dead people who could not deal with the fact that they were indeed dead. I get dressed once I was dried off and out of the shower.

Michael had ordered breakfast for us with the cash I gave him. I knew he would need some because he could not ever use his own money.

That money belonged to his kids now. Not to him. And it belonged to his siblings as well. The Jackson 5. They would take care of all that and Michael could really live his life now. Like he always wanted to. Michael could be normal.

"This is a great little breakfast. Donuts" I giggle. We had nutty ones jelly filled ones and powered ones. He got us coffees to.

"Yum I missed eating" he laughs. "tasting to"

"I bet" I tease.

"I had to get every kind they had" he laughs. "sorry"

"That is alright" I promise him.

He now is working on his second donut. A powered sugar one.

"Prince's favorite was the jelly filled ones" he tells me.

"Nice" I laugh.

"And Paris loved the nutty ones" he adds.

"I bet you sure miss them" I say.

"I will miss checking up on them when I want to" he sighs.

"I am sorry Michael" I say softly.

"At least they are alive and well. I miss my Blanket to" he adds. "they are getting so old"

I nod. "You have great kids" I say. "I love working for Paris"

"I am glad. Mind if I have another donut?" he asks as he reaches for his third. I giggle.

"Michael there is one thing you have missed out on" I point out.

"What is that?" he asks me.

"Gaining weight" I tease.

He laughs. "I forgot about that" he chuckles.

It felt good to be happy again.

He made me so happy.

♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
           мσяє тσ cσмє!!
           ------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|