Chapter 2

I was having lunch with my momma, gram and my little sister Melody

I was having lunch with my momma, gram and my little sister Melody. Mel had been asking me a million question about what Michael's home was like. She is a huge fan to. But she is only fifteen right now.

Momma will not allow her to go out and get a job. Momma wants her to focus on her schooling. I agree with that. Mel was heartbroken when momma refused to let her apply to work at Neverland Ranch to. Alongside of me. Maybe one day she will be. I even promised her that I would try my best to help her get a job there one day.

"What is it like? Did you see his bedroom? His bed? Did you meet Paris yet? Or Prince?" Mel rambles on. I sigh as I help myself to another ham and cheese sandwich. And some more cool ranch Doritos. Yum.

Momma pours me a second glass of iced tea. "No, I never met a single one of the Jackson family yet. They have not been there yet. I am sure they will be there for the grand opening though" I tell her. Her eyes grow wide.

"I love Paris. Prince is so cute" she gushes. Her cheeks blush.

"He is also twice your age young'un" warns Gram. "Focus on school work. Boys can wait" she reminds my sister.

"Nothing ever happens to me. Nothin exciting like what happens to Myla. If only I was older" she pouts. She sighs. Gram smiles at her.

"One day it will pumpkin" she promises Mel.

I decided to tell the ghostly story that happened to Johnny and myself there the other day at the ranch in the award room. Mel was going to love that. "Well something pretty exciting happened to me the other day at work. I was hanging up Michael's award's in his new trophy room" I brag.

"Really?" she wonders. Her eyes are on me now. I nod. "You touched his stuff?" she asks me.

I nod then chuckle. "Part of the job little sister" I smirk. "I was hanging up his Thriller award. Then awards began to fall on the floor when they were tacked to the wall. Johnny was there. He can tell you" I begin to say.

"You know I hate ghost stories Myla. Stop this!" warns momma.

"Let the child talk" gram hushes my momma.

"I went and placed the award back on the wall. Then the same award kept falling off" I tell them.

"What award? What one?" Mel begs to know.

I look over at momma who was giving me a dirty look now. "The award for his video Ghost" I announce. All eyes were on me. Momma spits out her ice tea on the table. She is coughing.

Gram is patting her on the back. Mel is laughing at us all.

"What? It happened" I sigh. I knew they would not believe me. I nibble on my food. Good thing I did not tell them about someone trying to talk to me on the speaker to. Asking for my help. "Ask Johnny" I huff.

"I believe you child" gram tells me.

"Do not say another word mom" warns my mother.

"I have to" gram tells her.

Mom shakes her head. "We do not. She said the award fell. She did not say she saw a thing. Now hush mom" warns momma.

"I am going to tell the child. I planned on it. But we did not think she had the gift. Clearly, she does. She needs to know" gram warns momma.

Momma leaves the room. She looks like she is about to burst into tears.

"Gram what is it that you want to tell me? I have to get to work soon here?" I question my grandmother.

She places her hand on top of my right one there at the table. "I see them baby. I see them" she tells me.

"What? See what?" I stammer. I feel very confused.

"Spirts child. Spirits. Your momma can to. We can talk to them. Help them. They know. You have got the gift. You are a mediator child" she warns me.

"Gram, the award fell is all. I did not see anything or anyone" I laugh.

Gram sighs. "Child listen. Listen good. He is trying to contact you. He knows you can see him. And feel him. He knows you know he is there. He needs someone. He needs you" gram tells me.

A chill travels down my spin hearing her words. "Him? Him who?" I tremble out. Though I knew. I knew just who she was talking about here.

"Michael. He is not at peace. He needs you so that he can be at rest. You are going to have to help him darling" she warns me. "Listen. Be watchful. He will come to you. Show himself when he knows he can trust you"

"Gram are you telling me you talk to spirits?" I ask her as I laugh.

"Bart? Bart come here honey" gram calls out to my grandpa.

"Gram, gramps has been dead now for four years" I mutter.

Suddenly there he was. Smiling at me. In an odd form. But it was him. I gasp as I nearly fall out of my chair. He waves at me. "Long time no see shortcake" he greets me. He grins.

"What? What!?" Mel is begging to know. She could not see him.

"Grandpa?" I whisper in shock.

He nods. "I did not want to scare you. But I have been here" he tells me.

"Daddy, damn it you scared me!" momma exclaims as she comes back in here.

"See she can see him! She has the gift!" gram warns my mother.

"Grandpa was someone trying to contact me at work the other day? Was that you?" I ask him.

"No shortcake it was not me. I was with your grandma" he tells me. "Must have been someone else"

My hands shake. I see gram smile at me. She nods as though she knows. "Michael!" I mutter breathlessly.

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|