Chapter 11

Another night at work

Another night at work. I had not had anything bad happen. The past two days I did not even see Michael and not one of the Lost Boys. I was feeling kind of snubbed here.

I guess that Michael was angered at me for trying to tell him to move on the other day. I did not blame him. If I were a lonely angered ghost I would be pissed off to. I guess. But it had been nice getting to know Michael. Ghost form and all.

I was feeling very down there at work as I vacuum down the hallways. It was a dull night without the ghosts keeping me entertained. I wish they were angered at me. Maybe they would at least throw something at me.

To let me know they were there. I always hated it when people gave me the silent treatment as a kid. It was torture not to know why someone was mad at me. I always had to know why someone was mad at me so we could make up!

This was not easy. I could not see these people. Or call these people. These people were dead! Ghosts. They had their own game. They called the shots. Not me. There was nothing that I could do about it.

Suddenly I am in the trophy room again. The lights flicker on and off. I take my earbuds out of my ears. I turn off the vacuum.

♡♪♬♪♡

Maybe Michael decided he wanted some company tonight after all. I turn off my Spotify on my iPhone. So, I could hear what was going on around me. "Hello? Hello?" I call out.

Nothing.

The lights stop flickering.

"Look MJ please talk to me. I was not trying to rush you. I did not want you to move on! I was only asking why you did not want to move on! I really wish you would talk to me. I can't see you, but you can see me. And that is not really fair is it?" I demand as I look around me.

"Michael?" I plead again.

Nothing.

I see a light further down the hallway start to flicker. I hear a child giggling. So, it was not Michael messing with me tonight. It was one of the Lost Boys. Not sure what one.

But I hoped it was not Charlie. I was really not in the mood to deal with him right yet. I never helped anyone pass on to the other side before. How was I going to get a Lost Boy to go to the other side? Let alone talk Michael into it?

I end up wandering all the way into Michael's walk-in closet in his bedroom. The lights come off. I rush to turn them back on. My heart hammers in my chest. The door shuts in the closet on me. I tug on it and it would not open for me. Panic settles in me. Michael had to rescue me. I could not die in his walk-in closet!

♡♪♬♪♡

"Please please do not hurt me!" I beg whoever was there.