Chapter 18

I was very bummed out

I was very bummed out. I had not heard from Michael in over a week. I really was starting to miss him something awful. He must hate me. I did not keep the Lost Boys safe. I bet he never wanted to lay eyes on me ever again.

I kept replaying all the moments with him in my mind. Thinking back on what might have upset him with me. I could only think of one thing. I broke his heart. I did not protect the Lost Boys for him as I had promised him.

It almost made me want to go to Paris and tell her I quit. That way Michael would feel safer at Neverland without me here.

Maybe this should be my last day here. But I truly loved working here. I loved this job. So very much. I winced as I sit in the kitchen and muddled over what I should do next here.

"Myla, I have a little date. I wanted to leave early. I was hoping to ask you for a favor" Johnny speaks up from behind.

"You have a date? With who?" I demand to know. What a dirt bag. Michael had been right about him!

"Not like you care! You won't go on a second date with me" he grumbles.

"Sorry no" I tell him. "I did not feel that thing we girls are supposed to feel on a date"

"Girls!" he grumbles.

"Anyway, Johnny what did you want?" I ask.

"I am running late for the date. So, could you clean the pool for me? I will let you leave early? Or cover a shift for you" he offers. "Please?" he begs me.

I wince as I cross my arms. "Fine. Go ahead!" I say to him.

"Thanks Myla you are a life saver!" he exclaims.

He rushed out of there. I get up and go to clean the pool. I did not care to be around pools that much because I was not a good swimmer. And the last time I was around there I nearly drowned in the pool.

Pools now made me nervous. Could you blame me? I head to the pool so that I could at least clean it while it was day light out. I grab the long handle to get the junk that had fallen in the pool. You know leaves bugs and crap like that.